IGNORED

Dead Atari 1029

svenski

Does anyone have experience repairing or troubleshooting an Atari 1029?

The printer is cosmetically fine but is dead. I've checked the wiring in the plug and replaced the fuse, and also replaced the fuse in the printer with a new 1.6A even though it looked OK.

No sign of life, no power light, motor housing doesn't seem to be getting warm.

If it can't be resurrected then I'll probably sell it for spares as it has had little use.

Probably the power supply but it's not something I would tinker with unless you know what you're doing. As I'm sure you're aware, 1029 printers don't come up often, faulty ones that you can cannibalize even less so.

Feel free to PM me if you decide to sell for spares. Depending on my cash situation, i might be interested in the top cover. Wife threw out mine about 10 years ago when she saw it lying around. She had no idea what it was and didn't think to ask.

• Sad 1

I don't know if there was ever a Sams computer facts manual put out for this printer, would be worth looking.

I'd also check under this link and see if one of the similar reported models has a service manual online too.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/atari-8-bit/faq/section-32.html

Good luck!

Yes there is a self-test switch on the back but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Looking at the manual for the Commodore equivalent it suggests a bad transformer, but as the thing is getting warm it could be something else. When I get a bit more time I'll try and open it up more. Hopefully it is a loose connection somewhere.