IGNORED

3DO Question

2eraz

Hey everyone,

I ended up with an FZ1. Booted it up without a disc, gives me the 3DO bootup screen and eventually the screen saver with the asteroids. 

When I do put a disc in, I hear it spin and it sounds like it attempts to read it a game never appears. It basically re-boots with the same waiting screen. 

I opened it up, looks amazing inside. (super clean). The initial caps I see, seem fine. I noticed that the laser head does move up and down but the metal body doesnt move forward and back which I believe it should (so its still in one spot). Any advice on how to fix this? 

• 2 months later...

Yeah it sounds like the tray isn't working like it should, but the 3DO also is notorious for continuing to reboot and reboot and reboot as it's internal programming says "If x not read, attempt Y" and that results in rebooting. It prevents softlocks, by literally just restarting the whole damn system. Like Homer said, White Lithium Grease is great for moving parts inside electronics, just put a tad bit, working with lithium can be nasty.