IGNORED

Word Cup Soccer

Spadafermo51

I have a question for AA members.
Has anyone of you ever found inside the Word Cup Soccer box (sealed box) instruction booklet and overlays other than those of Nice Ideas?
I have had several from a merchant, sold many on Ebay, no one ever told me about this content.
This week I sold one, the buyer found Intellivisuion Inc and Overlays Mattel intructions inside.
At this point, warned by the buyer, I opened another one to give him overlays and a nice Ideas booklet, unfortunately also here 'I found
always Intellivision Inc booklet, and Mattel overlays, what do you think?

WC sigillato.jpg

I saw this topic on Facebook - Unfortunately they buyer would be correct even if it wasn’t the seller’s fault.  I have no clue why Regular NASL Soccer overlays & the Intellivision Inc. B&W manual were included inside a sealed World Cup Soccer NIB game.

I’m not 100% maybe cmart, BBBW or someone else can chime in but I’m not sure if World Cup Soccer came sealed or not?  I bought it NIB when it 1sr came out & I don’t believe mine was sealed?

4 minutes ago, JoeM_Intellivision said:

I saw this topic on Facebook - Unfortunately they buyer would be correct even if it wasn’t the seller’s fault.  I have no clue why Regular NASL Soccer overlays & the Intellivision Inc. B&W manual were included inside a sealed World Cup Soccer NIB game.

I’m not 100% maybe cmart, BBBW or someone else can chime in but I’m not sure if World Cup Soccer came sealed or not?  I bought it NIB when it 1sr came out & I don’t believe mine was sealed?

I assure you that they also came out sealed, I had several boxes.

WC soccer Sigillate.JPG

I'm guessing that was a factory mistake since an aftermarket scammer wouldn't likely have that many fresh boxes and carts or even the Intellivision Inc. manual and overlays in such mint condition. What would be the point anyway since the boxes are the most valuable part of that kit to begin with?

Those are most likely a factory error.

Just now, the1hatman said:

I'm guessing that was a factory mistake since an aftermarket scammer wouldn't likely have that many fresh boxes and carts or even the Intellivision Inc. manual and overlays in such mint condition. What would be the point anyway since the boxes are the most valuable part of that kit to begin with?

Those are most likely a factory error.

So a variant for CMART.  Quick, raise the prices.

• Haha 3

I have several cases of these and they're both sealed and unsealed. I opened one of the sealed ones and it had the Intellivision Inc manual in it as well. I believe they used up Intellivision Inc leftover stock. In my mind these aren't a mistake or a scam, they just came like this just like the double labelled carts as they wanted to use up remaining manuals. The fact that they aren't the exact same game notwithstanding. Lol

• Like 2

9 hours ago, the1hatman said:

Immagino che sia stato un errore di fabbrica dal momento che un truffatore aftermarket probabilmente non avrebbe tante scatole e carrelli freschi o anche il manuale e le sovrapposizioni di Intellivision Inc. in condizioni così nuove. Qual è il punto in ogni caso visto che le scatole sono la parte più preziosa di quel kit per cominciare?

Questi sono molto probabilmente un errore di fabbrica.

I've sold a few, and the buyer might
think of a scam.
Also I was curious to know if others had noticed the same ..... variant of WC Soccer.

8 minutes ago, Spadafermo51 said:

I've sold a few, and the buyer might
think of a scam.
Also I was curious to know if others had noticed the same ..... variant of WC Soccer.

I told the buyer on FB that it definitely wasn't a scam and that I had the same manual in mine when I opened a sealed one. 

18 hours ago, cmart604 said:

I have several cases of these and they're both sealed and unsealed. I opened one of the sealed ones and it had the Intellivision Inc manual in it as well. I believe they used up Intellivision Inc leftover stock. In my mind these aren't a mistake or a scam, they just came like this just like the double labelled carts as they wanted to use up remaining manuals. The fact that they aren't the exact same game notwithstanding. Lol

Finally someone who knows this stuff.

• Like 1

What about the cartridges?  I assume it's the actual released version of World Cup Soccer and not the "Super NASL Soccer" or "Soccer 2" prototype that had 4-player support, right?

(Yes, I tried activating 4 players on my copy of World Cup Soccer once.  No dice.)

1 hour ago, Zendocon said:

What about the cartridges?  I assume it's the actual released version of World Cup Soccer and not the "Super NASL Soccer" or "Soccer 2" prototype that had 4-player support, right?

(Yes, I tried activating 4 players on my copy of World Cup Soccer once.  No dice.)

But 4 players on World Cup Soccer works. 

23 minutes ago, Intymike said:

Does it?  I recall trying it once with my copy, and it wouldn't allow me to have more than one player per team.  I'll have to go try it again now.

I got my copy for Christmas in 1986, with the yellow-green overlays and the fold-out manual on cheap paper.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 9:23 AM, Intymike said:

Ah, so it does.  Looks like it autodetects the ECS, because if you try to assign two players to a team without it, it just razzes.  I'm a little surprised the manual didn't mention the ECS.