IGNORED

OoeyGUI v4.0 coming

Shift838

So thanks to @atrax27407 for finding a bug in my OoeyGUI v3 MESS/MAME loader and kicked me into coding mode.

I'm working on version 4.0 to fix a few bugs and add a some new features.  Quite a few, so i'm going to version 4.0.

new options: 

• Selection for full screen or window mode
  • UI Key remap, which is the ability to allow a user to remap the key used to put MAME into partial emulation to allow the user to bring up the UI OSD menu.  This was done because quite a few laptops no longer have a Scroll-Lock key and since that is the default key its a good option to do.
  • Implementation of additional ROMs for supported expansion cards
  • AutoLoad of favorite system when OoeyGUI starts up (@dgrissom idea!)
  • .rpk and .zip cartridge type selector.
  • Use default text editor that is assigned to OS for checking log files.
  • configure printing to file via MAME options.
  • Raspberry Pi4 support
  • (will try to interface all combo-boxes, favorites, etc. with a python based database)  Not sure if this will happen or not yet.  

I am open to listening to any other updates that may be required from users, if they are possible.

I also need testers for Windows, Linux and MAC OS and Raspberry Pi4! ---- PM me if you are interested in becoming a tester and I can share out the archives on my Google Drive.  Please send you email along on the PM.

OG35.thumb.jpg.141687d519f2731f4fab26817b00f691.jpg

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, atrax27407 said:

ASFAIK, it works great! I gave it a brief glance and everything appears to be working fine (including access to 32K). That problem has disappeared and the lack of SCR LOCK on some laptops has also been solved. Now, if there was only a table of equivalent keystrokes for the TI FCTN keys. Good stuff, Chris. 

You mean just a table that shows a list of equivalent TI FCTN keys, like a separate tab on OoeyGUI?

11 hours ago, Shift838 said:

I also need testers for Windows, Linux and MAC OS ---- PM me if you are interested in becoming a tester and I can share out the archives on my Google Drive.  Please send you email along on the PM.

I am using mame on my Raspberry PI 4.    Is there a precompiled version for ARM/Debian?

If so, I would be glad to test it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dgrissom said:

I am using mame on my Raspberry PI 4.    Is there a precompiled version for ARM/Debian?

If so, I would be glad to test it.

Oh, indeed someone running on RPi4? Then I'll build a 0.224 release and put it on WHTech. (I was not sure whether it is worth the effort and time to build every release for ARM as well.)

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mizapf said:

Oh, indeed someone running on RPi4? Then I'll build a 0.224 release and put it on WHTech. (I was not sure whether it is worth the effort and time to build every release for ARM as well.)

I installed it in July (version?)  I am using 32bit Rasp Pi OS.   It works well.

Currently, I set up my TI machine configurations using Zenity script files.  Am interested in OoeyGUI as it may allow me greater flexibility in my machine software setups.

1 hour ago, dgrissom said:

I installed it in July (version?)  I am using 32bit Rasp Pi OS.   It works well.

Currently, I set up my TI machine configurations using Zenity script files.  Am interested in OoeyGUI as it may allow me greater flexibility in my machine software setups.

I have found additional ROMS like for the CorComp disk controller and such that I need to add in my OoeyGUI for selection.

I am currently running Manjaro 64 bit on a Raspberry Pi4 8GB version.  it was the only way I could take advantged of the full 8GB RAM.  It runs well so far.

• 2 weeks later...

it's been a few week since I posted an update and I have made some substantial progress.  So, i'm almost there...

A few new options that have been coded in the upcoming release:

• I have worked in mapping the print to file function from MAME to a local file on your PC, then you can print that file to a real printer.
  • I have also worked out being able to mount both the IDE and HFDC card simultaneously on the TI emulated system
  • Remap of UI key (OSD Menu key)
  • Use for RPK and ZIP cartridge files (OoeyGUI will auto-detect between the two!)
  • IDE image creation now included in HD Utilities tab
  •  

Almost done with completing the auto-install of MAME area.  I need to add some logic to make the code generic enough to work on Windows, Linux, macOS and Raspberry Pi4.  I already have most of it done.  Just a bit more, then the beta testers can have it to test and post results and issues to be fixed.

• Auto installation and configuration of MAME  from ftp.whtech.com; which consist of:
    • downloading MAME
    • Extracting MAME to specified folder by user
    • Downloading and installing all TI99/2; TI99/4;TI994x;TI99-8 and Geneve ROMS
    • All current TI-99 Cartridges and installing
    • reconfiguring MAME.INI file to include new folders created for ROMS and Carts.
    • downloading Geneve HD image (boot disk)
    • Downloading UCSD and EA disk images
    • Automatic setup for HSGPL cards in slot 5 for various TI-99x systems
    • Creating Desktop shortcut for OoeyGUI
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, atrax27407 said:

Looking forward to the new release. Will it be backward compatible with Vn 3.5 (i.e., will I be able to use the current XML file) or will I have to start over and reconfigure it all again?

I have added one feature to store in the ooeygui.xml file to remap the UI key.  fairly simple if you just want to update the xml file for that.

Just need to add:

<UIKEY>END</UIKEY>

This above maps the END key.  You can change it to SCRLOCK, PGUP, PGDN, HOME and END.  Just needs to go right before the </OOEYGUI> line.

as far as the favorite files, the only thing I added was 2 lines to store the IDE HD images.  Just add the 2 lines below to your XML favorite files when version 4 releases before the </OOEYGUIFAV> line:

<IDEHD1IMAGE></IDEHD1IMAGE>
  <IDEHD2IMAGE></IDEHD2IMAGE>

Edited by Shift838

For all TI MAME users.

This is very good addition to your TI emulations!

I'm using the current beta version on my Raspberry PI 4.  It is working well!  (Although, I am looking forward to testing the upcoming release!) 

This software GUI makes it easy to configure your MAME install to be virtually any TI configuration. 

Best of all, you can save the configuration(s) and run them through a drop down menu or using your keyboard's function keys.

With this, you can save simple game configurations or complex software development environments.  

Best of all, you don't have to write (and remember!) complex command lines to set up your various machines.  Just point, click, and save!

Kudos to SHIFT838 for developing this software! ?

• Like 2

My RPi MAME system relied on BASH script files until I started testing/using OoeyGUI.  

While scripts are not difficult to set up and use, understanding the machine setup(s) was at first a little daunting even though there were excellent examples provided in the MAME install.

The current version of packaged version MAME was easy to install on my Pi.  The main interface allows for running CARTs.  IMO, batch/scripts takes it to another level.  

I mean for windows based users.  Will OoeyGUI v4.0  make it easier to get it up and running?  Say I want to change the .dsk mounted in drive 1.  With Classic 99 it's a no brainer.  I am liking the MAME version, but I do struggle with it.  A learning curve that easily confuses me..

On 10/15/2020 at 1:36 PM, Shift838 said:

Auto installation and configuration of MAME  from ftp.whtech.com; which consist of:

• downloading MAME
  • Extracting MAME to specified folder by user
  • Downloading and installing all TI99/2; TI99/4;TI994x;TI99-8 and Geneve ROMS
  • All current TI-99 Cartridges and installing
  • reconfiguring MAME.INI file to include new folders created for ROMS and Carts.
  • downloading Geneve HD image (boot disk)
  • Downloading UCSD and EA disk images
  • Automatic setup for HSGPL cards in slot 5 for various TI-99x systems
  • Creating Desktop shortcut for OoeyGUI

So its as simple as that?  One click and it's up and running? 

19 minutes ago, DavidC said:

I mean for windows based users.  Will OoeyGUI v4.0  make it easier to get it up and running?  Say I want to change the .dsk mounted in drive 1.  With Classic 99 it's a no brainer.  I am liking the MAME version, but I do struggle with it.  A learning curve that easily confuses me..

Yes,  simply select your disk(s) from a drop down (IMO, it is actually easier than Classic 99.).  Click "Launch" and you are there!

• Like 2

@DavidCChanging disks or cartridges is done via the on-screen display menu (OSD). Switch to "partial mode" by pressing ScrlLock, then hit TAB. When you are done, return to "full mode" by pressing ScrlLock again after leaving the OSD. If you are not familiar with the OSD yet, take some time for a walk through it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mizapf said:

@DavidCChanging disks or cartridges is done via the on-screen display menu (OSD). Switch to "partial mode" by pressing ScrlLock, then hit TAB. When you are done, return to "full mode" by pressing ScrlLock again after leaving the OSD. If you are not familiar with the OSD yet, take some time for a walk through it.

Yes, I think I have it figured out. Thank you for your help and patience. It is a fantastic emulator.  

• Like 1