IGNORED

Atari game ATARIAGE collection research

Hi there, during my research of a collection of atari games I stumbeled upon 15 games labeled "atariage". I figgured that they must have something to do  with this site here, however in the raritiy database I can not find anything on theses games. Can someone maybe point me in the right direction what I did wrong. 

Would be great if you guys could shed some light on theses games, 

Thanks very much in advance, 

Best, 

Cosmo

atariage.JPG

Edited by cosmoglobe
  • Like 1

Does noone has an opinion of the games published here ? Sorry that I asked for help, I had no intention of offending anyone. Just because lesss than 50 Atariage games were sold on ebay during the last 365 days, and of theses sales, nearly none were sold which I had in the collection. I just thought before pricing them astronomically high, since I have no real reference, I asked here for some guidance. Sorry.... no hard feelings. 

21 minutes ago, cosmoglobe said:

Does noone has an opinion of the games published here ? Sorry that I asked for help, I had no intention of offending anyone. Just because lesss than 50 Atariage games were sold on ebay during the last 365 days, and of theses sales, nearly none were sold which I had in the collection. I just thought before pricing them astronomically high, since I have no real reference, I asked here for some guidance. Sorry.... no hard feelings. 

Basically, all of these are modern homebrews, programmed by enthusiasts and members of our community and published by AtariAge. Why not price them at $1 each and then let them sell for their true value - the highest anyone is willing to pay?  I guess you haven't received much of a reply because your very first posts are effectively about how to best profit from our community.

Having said that, MOST of these are still sold today on the AtariAge store @ $25 each. So a used copy (are a manual/box included...?) with unknown provenance probably quite a bit less than that. There's one or two there no longer available, or with slight variations/differences.

Where did these come from -- it's obviously a keen collector and probable (ex?) member of our community.

• Like 2

Yes, I realiced that... a bit shaddy.. first post is about asking for its value....  Having said that I appreciate the post of you. Yes, it was a very keen collector... and it was a very big collection. Unfortunattly I have to sell it off. I had no idea that there is a shop... so now this will be a new starting point. Probably I just figgure out what is not sold anymore, and the rest will go individually by auction. Manuals are included, no box. 

Well..... I keep you posted. THanks for the help, 

Cosmo

On 10/2/2020 at 12:42 AM, cosmoglobe said:

Yes, I realiced that... a bit shaddy.. first post is about asking for its value....  Having said that I appreciate the post of you. Yes, it was a very keen collector... and it was a very big collection. Unfortunattly I have to sell it off. I had no idea that there is a shop... so now this will be a new starting point. Probably I just figgure out what is not sold anymore, and the rest will go individually by auction. Manuals are included, no box. 

Cosmo

Cosmo-

Most of them can be found for sale today in the AA Store: https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=21

I am currently writing an Atari 2600 Homebrew and Hacks Checklist book which will have the rarity listed and the current price (or what the game sold for when originally released). I'm not turning it into a price guide as this would consistently change.

The only ones not available currently would be your: numbered 2006 AtariAge Holiday Cart: Toyshop Trouble, numbered 2003 AtariAge Holiday Cart, & the E.T. Book Cart (out of print from AA, still available at Good Deal Games). BTW, that A-VCS-tec Challenge cartridge is a PAL version.

Hope this helps.

On 10/2/2020 at 1:42 AM, cosmoglobe said:

Cosmo

Care to share who you got the collection from? Or post what else you got that you will be selling?

On 9/23/2020 at 1:30 PM, cosmoglobe said:

Hi there, during my research of a collection of atari games I stumbeled upon 15 games labeled "atariage". I figgured that they must have something to do  with this site here, however in the raritiy database I can not find anything on theses games. Can someone maybe point me in the right direction what I did wrong. 

Would be great if you guys could shed some light on theses games, 

Thanks very much in advance, 

Best, 

Cosmo

atariage.JPG

As stated they are "homebrew" games available in the store. The holiday cart might fetch you a few extra bucks but most would obviously be valued at less than you can purchase new. I do notice the AVCSTEC Challenge is the PAL format label though, depending on your location this is important...you would need to definitely know what format they are before you sell them...