MacRorie

14 hours ago, 4ever2600 said:

My wishlist for the next group:

Cabal

Pounce

These two will be up by this evening.

Friendly

Hmm, not sure how to deal with this one.  I have a label made.  Just makes me feel slightly dirty. ;-)

Quest (did I miss what this was?)

This is a different version of Guardians

Eye of the Beholder (if different than previous)

It is. Slightly.

Guardians (if different than previous)

Two different versions, both different from what I found before.

Daemons (if different than previous)

It is.  The splash screen is definitely different.  I cannot tell you if it is *substantially* different, however.

Hyperdrome (if different than previous)

I will try this one out today.

BTW, found one I have not seen before.  I will get the video up for it today as well: Poker!  I am pretty sure this is the Poker game that was attached to Lynx Poker kiosks that someone found a couple of years ago.  It is definitely something different and is different from what I have seen before.  In looking for stuff, I suspect it got made into a home-brew by someone else, but I need to pull that cart out and check it to see if it is similar.

21 hours ago, 4ever2600 said:
  On 10/16/2020 at 7:39 PM, 4ever2600 said:

My wishlist for the next group:

Cabal

Pounce

These two will be up by this evening

Me:

Checks forums every 5 min for two days straight... lol 

Sorry, life happened (as it is wont to do).

MORE are up.  Even "Friendly."  I get ONE complaint about "That's disgusting, why would you put that up there yadda yadda yadda" I will 3D print some effigies with avatars pasted to them and start making them play N64 Superman.  

On a related note, there are more as I get time to make the carts and then compare them to other known versions.  So far, I have three different versions of Guardians and two different versions of Daemonsgate.  I have not even BEGUN to look at the Eye of the Beholder variations.

https://thebrewingacademy.com/collections/atari-lynx

Video (No, I am NOT linking the "Friendly" video, you can find it up there and pass the age restriction test like everyone else):

-M

Edited by MacRorie
Grammar, specifics, and additional details

23 minutes ago, MacRorie said:

Video (No, I am NOT linking the "Friendly" video, you can find it up there and pass the age restriction test like everyone else):

She sure is friendly!  Reminds me of one of my first 300 baud downloads on my Atari 400.  Nice 3 screen high pausable scrolling demo of Madonna in glorious 80X192@16 shades of gray.

19 minutes ago, Stephen said:

She sure is friendly!  Reminds me of one of my first 300 baud downloads on my Atari 400.  Nice 3 screen high pausable scrolling demo of Madonna in glorious 80X192@16 shades of gray.

Well, somebody reported it to YouTube and it got pulled.  This is why we cannot have nice things.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MacRorie said:

Were, somebody reported it to YouTube and it got pulled.  This is why we cannot have nice things.

Good old USA for you.  Sex bad, women dirty.  Showing people getting shot, blown up, etc. - well that's just good old fun and we can certainly do that.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Put it up on dailymotion or some other less popular youtube alternative. They won't give 2 shits. :)

BitChute FTW. They've been showing some pretty good user growth and everyone getting stuff banned on YT has been posting it there.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:34 AM, MacRorie said:

BTW, found one I have not seen before.  I will get the video up for it today as well: Poker!  I am pretty sure this is the Poker game that was attached to Lynx Poker kiosks that someone found a couple of years ago.  It is definitely something different and is different from what I have seen before.  In looking for stuff, I suspect it got made into a home-brew by someone else, but I need to pull that cart out and check it to see if it is similar.

This is what I love about these "Treasure Trove" discoveries, just finding new stuff.

Of what's been revealed so far, now I really hope that Wolfman has a more complete version out there on a disk. Just knowing that they had another game in the vein of Dracula: The Undead, but with more color (from the looks of it) makes the loss of that one really suck - although if you're still looking through the disks, I really, really hope that the complete 512k version of Dracula is on there...that'd be the Holy Grail of finds (for me, lol).

It's also really cool that some of this stuff had working ComLynx code. I wonder why they pulled the plug on Geoduel at the end of the day (maybe they saw BattleWheels and figured that one would've been good enough). Too bad they didn't decide to take that to the Jag where they could've done more with the concept; Spacewar looks a lot like what ended up going to the Jag in terms of gameplay, but either way, first-person PvP space arena stuff is hard to pull off in a fun way. 

MacRorie, how many of these do you plan to put out on cartridge?  If each one turns out to be a prototype, will each one get a cart release?  And if I choose to wait to make a purchase until the last of these files are available on cart, will these earlier ones still be available to buy then?  Or are you only putting out limited numbers?

I'm trying to decide which ones to buy, but I clearly won't have the cash available to buy every single one.  Like the first group of photos, do you plan to release these roms to the community after a year?   Sorry for all the questions, but my subtotal is already getting pricey and I'm trying to be smart about this...not easy for me when it comes to buying games.  :)

2 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

MacRorie, how many of these do you plan to put out on cartridge?  If each one turns out to be a prototype, will each one get a cart release?  And if I choose to wait to make a purchase until the last of these files are available on cart, will these earlier ones still be available to buy then?  Or are you only putting out limited numbers?

That's a good question.  Here's the deal: unless it is a true prototype that is either a) unreleased or b) significantly different from a released version, then it will probably not get a release from me until I release them into the wild in about a year.  There are multiple reasons for this, but I think this is the most fair to all concerned.

Now, I *think* I have all of the "unreleased" ones out there.  I could be wrong, but man, it's 95 files!  With the files that had a retail release, I have to play them side-by-side with the retail version to see if there is a difference.  Something I am slowly doing, but there's so much else that has to be done every day that it slips.  I will get through them, but it might take a bit.

As for will I combine them into a "batch" like I did with the last set, the answer is probably not.  The reason is that there is just not a good estimate as to a) when I will finish reviewing them, b) how many are actually going to be IN that batch, and c) how I would even logistically do it.  I have tried to do batch deals on the ComLynxable ones, because that makes sense, but even then, like Spacewar is at least a 5-player comlynx game (I think it will actually end up being 8, but I need more ComLynx cables.  Who knew I would need SEVEN?!  I have four already). So, even making those a batch is proving to be slow.

2 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

I'm trying to decide which ones to buy, but I clearly won't have the cash available to buy every single one.  Like the first group of photos, do you plan to release these roms to the community after a year?   Sorry for all the questions, but my subtotal is already getting pricey and I'm trying to be smart about this...not easy for me when it comes to buying games.  :)

No worries.  I understand the situation and am trying to make it as easy as possible to get these into people's hands to play.  A prototype sitting in a treasure chest is only cool to one person!

Thanks for the questions, and I hope IO answered them all.  Feel free to ask more.

Thanks for all the answers!  I'm not in any way trying to rush you.  Even if you had no job and no obligations to take care of, going through all of these files somewhat thoroughly would take an eternity, and a helluva lot of organization.

I guess I have just two more questions: 

1) If I hold off on ordering, say, the Guardians: Storm over Doria prototype for now, and wait until everything has been released in a year or however long it takes...will Guardians still be available then?  Or are you just printing like 25 copies, and when they're gone, they're gone?

2) Do you think you might offer a discount for a bigger purchase, maybe of ten or twenty carts?

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, PFG 9000 said:

Thanks for all the answers!  I'm not in any way trying to rush you.  Even if you had no job and no obligations to take care of, going through all of these files somewhat thoroughly would take an eternity, and a helluva lot of organization.

I guess I have just two more questions: 

1) If I hold off on ordering, say, the Guardians: Storm over Doria prototype for now, and wait until everything has been released in a year or however long it takes...will Guardians still be available then?  Or are you just printing like 25 copies, and when they're gone, they're gone?

2) Do you think you might offer a discount for a bigger purchase, maybe of ten or twenty carts?

Thanks!

FYI: I now have three different versions of Guardians.  I am in the process of making a video comparing the three.

1) They will always be available. 

2) Not unless you want to buy 25 or more of the same title! ;-)

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MacRorie said:

Now, I *think* I have all of the "unreleased" ones out there.  I could be wrong, but man, it's 95 files!  With the files that had a retail release, I have to play them side-by-side with the retail version to see if there is a difference.  Something I am slowly doing, but there's so much else that has to be done every day that it slips.  I will get through them, but it might take a bit.

Have you tried the FULLCOUR.01 file which I believe is for the unreleased basketball game Full Court Press?