IGNORED

atari pacman in glass case at game store

bradhig1

52 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

That looks like Vintage Stock. Hate the way they put the price over the label on games.....

For the same reason one of our local thrift stores bundles boxed video game cartridges for a particular system together with clear packing tape.

At least it isn't the brown stuff, so you get to see how nice all of the box was before they ruined it.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Talk 'em down to $2.99.  That label over the artwork automatically devalues it by at least $2.

2 hours ago, Electric-Dreams said:

But !!! Why the hell did they stick the price tag on the front label ?

Exactly.

The owners seem to think they have some rare piece of history on their hands, and then slap an adhesive sticker RIGHT on the label.

• Haha 1

Any game store willing to put a price tag on the lable shows they care less about games andno one should buy from them and the $14.00 price tag for a cheap game shows what lack of education they truly have unless somehow that specific cart was some how differebt from other pac-man carts but if that were true were back to the whole distruction of the lable all over again. Bah hahaha I could only hope a company like this folds for bad business practices.

• Like 1

When my sister first moved here and we started visiting her.  There was a store at the Great Mall of the Grand Plains called Gameco and they got bought by Vintage Stock.  The Metcalf location was a Gamco as well.  There is a store in St. Louis called Slackers that I used to shop at that is also a retrogames store and they didn't put price tags on the labels.

53 minutes ago, bradhig1 said:

When my sister first moved here and we started visiting her.  There was a store at the Great Mall of the Grand Plains called Gameco and they got bought by Vintage Stock.  The Metcalf location was a Gamco as well.  There is a store in St. Louis called Slackers that I used to shop at that is also a retrogames store and they didn't put price tags on the labels.

There was one in KC MO, Gameco KC.  Had lots of 2600 games and everything else there. Traded a genisis with a bunch of games for an 800xl. Looks like they didn't survive the virus though. Shows permanently closed.

On 9/24/2020 at 7:43 PM, bradhig1 said:

Vintage Stock in Overland Park.   They have tons of Atari 2600 carts in the back. They even put ET in the case when they have it.

Do they keep all their 2600 games in a case? They might just be trying to cut down on "shrinkage." (E.g. Some folks will pocket anything which fits in their pockets! ? )

As for the sticker on the label....it's annoying, but you (usually) can remove it if you're very careful. It might be better if they'd put their loose games in baggies before pricing them tho.

Edited by pacman000
Addressing price tag on label.
  • Like 1

At least your VS still carries 2600 games! Most of the ones here in T-town stopped carrying anything that wasn't NES and above and even then, a few no longer carry Genesis, Saturn, or Dreamcast. Or at least they weren't when I visited them last. But I rarely go into Vintage Stocks anymore as they aren't likely to have stuff I'm looking for now much less for a price I would be willing to pay. 

• Like 1

Cex in the UK learnt quickly it was stupid to stick labels on retro gear so put it on the plastic stands they use for mobile phones ect. Doing anything retro was done on a shop by shop basis for the longest time but one day they decided to start working on formally carrying retro games, going backwards to the nes and master system era. They also take lynx, jaguar, 32x and a few other systems like the neo geo pocket. They never got as far as the 7800 and certainly not the 2600 which I think is a shame, but perhaps if prices were to hit new highs I guess they would consider it.