IGNORED

Post your all time absolute favorite TI-99/4A newsletter issue in PDF format!

Omega-TI

23 hours ago, Omega-TI said:

I'm sure we all have a "favorite issue" of a newsletter from back in the day.  How about posting a copy of YOUR favorite and tell us why "it's tops" in your estimation.  Heck, we'll all probably learn something too.  It's not "old news", if it's... NEW TO YOU!

This newsletter is actually found in whtech user groups folder  (I still have a few hard copies of it in my files).  It is the April 1983 TI BUG newsletter (Birmingham User's Group).

It is quite personal and important to me.  My wife typed it and drew the cartoon.  A local printer donated printing to us.  Many of my friends contributed articles and information. 

Those were great times in the TI world!

David

bug8304.pdf

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dgrissom said:

It is quite personal and important to me.  My wife typed it and drew the cartoon.  A local printer donated printing to us.  Many of my friends contributed articles and information. 

Those were great times in the TI world!

Since it's very near and dear to your heart, I decided to straighten the pages and clean things up a little, however without an original copy to scan, this is the best I can do.  When I go to bed tonight, I'll read it before I go to sleep.

1665659161_CleanedUp.thumb.PNG.71da9d1740bc8d5e691caa17799cbeca.PNG

Birmingham TI User Group Newsletter April 1983.pdf

Thanks,

I am looking at some of the original copies tonight.   As you can imagine, I am kind of emotional about it.

I uncovered a number of other groups newsletters while looking for TIBUG's.

I'll try to compare what I have to what's on the FTP site and see if I can fill in some of the gaps.

• Like 4

Honestly I'm amazed this thread has not gotten more activity.  I know others on here like you were newsletter editors, or people who submitted articles to their user groups newsletters, and some of their articles that were good enough to get picked up by other groups newsletters as well.  Sparkdrummer in his Yesterday's News has shown some of those articles can still be relevant today.  I figured more than one or two people had a special newsletter they had an article in, or even just had a specific newsletter that they liked above all others and would want to share.   Shows ya how little I know.  ☹️

Being the President and newsletter editor for VAST for a few years I looked at all the exchange newsletters we got from other groups. There were many that I liked a lot. I’ll try and dig up a few that really were special to me to give this thread some legs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I passed along most of my newsletters years (decades?) ago.  I have fond memories of attending the monthly Milwaukee Area TI User Group meetings - our newsletter editor (Gene H.) exchanged newsletters with many other user groups and at one point it must have been upwards of 100 each month!  I would spend upwards of an hour just browsing through them each month for articles, fun facts, announcements, programs, etc.   Jim Peterson's articles, especially some of his neat 1-liners, were some of my favorites.  Back then the newsletters were quite the important windows into the community.

• Like 3

I figured I'd start out with one of the "Super Groups" newsletter - Chicago Users Group - Chicago TImes.

I always looked forward to receiving them, especially their Super Summer Issues.

I was always envious of all the talent in the group that were willing to submit articles.

Getting someone in my group to submit something was like pulling teeth.

Anyway, this pdf is not the greatest, but it is readable.

chicago8608.pdf

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, sparkdrummer said:

The Chicago TImes was printed as a booklet.

Yeah, I can see that.  I figured I'd have to re-size and re-do before printing the first and last pages separately, and then landscape on the internal, but for the inside sheets, is it short edge, long edge with the double sided print?  I've wasted so much paper in the past trying to print ones that have been scanned like this.