IGNORED

Newer TV hook ups?

Redmiller

I at first tried to use the 5200 hooked up straight to an Insignia NS-DXA3 digital-to-analog converter box with an HDMI output thinking I could use it as a tuner for my 5200 to my Sony STR-DE590 a/v home theater receiver and from there to my Insignia TV's HDMI input, didn't work, as I found out later on that the converter box only does DIGITAL television signals, no analog, unlike my Insignia TV which does both (a 2016 model). 

So I got real and got myself a near-new Sony SLV-N51 Hi-Fi 4-head VCR and simply used it as an analog tuner (channel 3 through the coax, it also has two sets of composite a/v inputs as well, one up front and one in the back) and hooked up the a/v output to my TV's composite a/v inputs, with the audio piped from its headphone jack set to line out mode to my receiver's CD input. It actually gives a better picture quality through the VCR's analog tuner than the TV's own coax does, either digital or analog channels, I tried both.

As for the Insignia NS-DXA3, it is currently my digital tuner (hooked to the rooftop antenna here at Bishop Park and fed to the HDMI out) and it seems like it too, gives me a much better picture quality that the TV's own coax input does.