IGNORED

The Intellivision Virtual Expo 2020 - MAIN EVENT Nov 21 2020

Rev

4 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

Now that we know most of us have Zoom installed, we should have a general chat session sometime just to chit-chat about the Intellivision.

If you host a meeting, please don’t uncross your legs while wearing your kilt.   Like basic instinct.  ?

• Haha 2

Hello everyone,

Now that the event is over (and I managed to have a restful sleep last night), I want to personally thank all the panelists for their hard work and diligence in putting their content together and sharing it with the community.  I also want to thank @Rev for coming up with such a crazy idea and making us all believe that it could actually work.  He was right, and we are all richer for sharing this experience yesterday.

I also want to thank everyone who attended:  you are the ones who made this real, interacting in the chat, asking questions, and participating in the general camaraderie throughout the entire 7+ hours session -- otherwise, it'll have been just a couple of guys in Zoom playing videos and staring at each other.

We had some struggles, and we never actually could get the recorded video audio to play independently without un-muting the microphone, but that's quite alright because we managed to convince ourselves no one could hear us whispering or chatting in the next room.

Still, on balance, I think it all went down well.  In my humble opinion, the event was a resounding success.  Not perfect, for sure, but good enough for a bunch of amateurs playing "Media Producers" on a Saturday afternoon.  The content, however, was phenomenal, and I am so very impressed with all the insight and interesting topics shared by the panelists.

My most sincerest thanks to everyone for coming along on this crazy ride with us.  We cobbled up this thing together with sugarless bubble gum and dollar-store duck tape, and yet you all sat there patiently and contently, and provided us with wonderful feedback and motivation to keep going.  It was definitely a learning experience, and we will definitely do better next time.

(Oh yes, make no mistake:  There will be a next time.) ?

Sincerely,

-dZ.

• Like 8

By the way, we have a recording of the entire event and will work in the coming days to break it down into individual sessions and post them in a playlist on YouTube, along with any additional content, links, and resources made available by the panelists.  We'll notify everything right here once everything is ready.

Cheers!

-dZ.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Hello everyone,

Pardon the shameless plug, but I've been reminded that I didn't provide a link to the Christmas Carol book during the event.  The book is available for purchase directly from my site here:

https://www.carolvsghost.com/book

Of course, if anybody has any questions ordering or the product itself, please contact me directly. :)

Also, for those interested, you can follow the book's thread here in AtariAge, where I've posted a few behind-the-scenes comments, including some of the hand-drawn illustrations and how they came to be.

Thank you so much again!

-dZ.

• Like 1

Just now, Morpheus said:

Next year you should definitely make the event in presence!

Virtual worked out very well. I think it was also great to have it as an "all day" (6 hour) event. Why mess with it?

If it were to be done in person, I'd suggest running it concurrent to (or the day before or after) PRGE, and in the same place.

1 minute ago, bhall408 said:

Virtual worked out very well. I think it was also great to have it as an "all day" (6 hour) event. Why mess with it?

If it were to be done in person, I'd suggest running it concurrent to (or the day before or after) PRGE, and in the same place.

Presence doesn't exclude virtual, you can do both in the same time, the only problem with the presence is that the budget for the organizer gets immediately high...