IGNORED

The Intellivision Virtual Expo 2020 - MAIN EVENT Nov 21 2020

Rev

13 minutes ago, First Spear said:

Something that might be fun for the next event, whenever that occurs: competitive play! Rick and Willie did a chess game a while back, it would be fun for the event to have real competition in it, streamed live! :)

I'd love to have some multiplayer sessions of FUBAR going on, though I don't know how we would pull off netplay through jzintv (it has to be jzintv because of JLP).

One of the competitions I mentioned would be to have seven people configure an AI, and then I put all of those AIs against each other in multiple games, each with different game rules, until one wins, say three times.

36 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

Here's a crazy idea ... if we're going to make the Intellivision Virtual Expo a thing, do we really need to do it once a year?

How about if we plan for a Spring event? :)

-dZ.

That is my thought exactly. There is no reason to wait until late 2021. Having something in the Summer might be good in that there would be some residual "shine" from the Amico release but would not overshadow us. I think there would be additional content, and more time for presenters to prep.

• Like 1

I’m sure there will be some kind of official post later but the Virtual Expo is on youtube now, in the Intellivision Revolution channel. It has been separated into 11 events and most of the technical issues removed.

Even better the second time, enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=Intellivision+revolution

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

19 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

I’m sure there will be some kind of official post later but the Virtual Expo is on youtube now, in the Intellivision Revolution channel. It has been separated into 11 events and most of the technical issues removed.

Even better the second time, enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=Intellivision+revolution

Thanks, Steve!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Along with competitive Chess play, it might be cool to try a kind of Astrosmash Shootoff competition of some kind, or some other game with a high scoring-by-time component. Anyone that plays will need a "blessed" hardware configuration (eg no jzIntv with the --me-win-always switch enabled :) ) but with enough planning on the side of the organizers, it would be possible.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, First Spear said:

Along with competitive Chess play, it might be cool to try a kind of Astrosmash Shootoff competition of some kind, or some other game with a high scoring-by-time component. Anyone that plays will need a "blessed" hardware configuration (eg no jzIntv with the --me-win-always switch enabled :) ) but with enough planning on the side of the organizers, it would be possible.

No need for a "blessed" hardware configuration when we can have the host use a TV POWWWW! setup, and then the participant only needs to shout POWWWW! into the zoom meeting while everyone else is on mute :lolblue:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, fdr4prez said:

No need for a "blessed" hardware configuration when we can have the host use a TV POWWWW! setup, and then the participant only needs to shout POWWWW! into the zoom meeting while everyone else is on mute :lolblue:

I'm kind of interested in doing that too. A real Game room with single player play, versus events, and a TV POWWW 2021! The mind boggles. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Zendocon said:

Yes it is!

I set up a laptop with jzIntv running and started USCF Chess. Then I used the Chrome screen sharing to share-out the screen allowing control, and then used a desktop PC with Chrome sharing to attach to the laptop. Both devices could move pieces on the board and play.

Then I emitted from the desktop to OBS. Since the game of chess can be high-latency and the control is simple and sounds are not complex, I think it could be successfully streamed if 2 people want to do a head-to-head for the next Intellivision Game Room Challenge for the next 'Expo. The one thing that was lacking was video simultaneous video camera support, I'll have to see what that takes, it would be good to have the player faces visible while the game is happening. There might be some other cross-platform screen control/sharing tools out there, the Chrome one was at-hand.

I wonder if we can get people to volunteer to play a game of strategy (maybe fire up Triple Challenge so Chess and Checkers and Backgammon are available) head to head during the event, whenever that is.

Edited by First Spear

15 minutes ago, Zendocon said:

In addition to strategy games like Chess, you could do games where one player goes at a time, like Skiing, Golf, and Bowling, and even arcade games like Lock & Chase.  Now that would be fun.

There would be some real-time lag with action/precision games like that, going from the jzIntv "broadcaster" to the jzIntv "receiver" which is also the OBS "broadcaster". I could try it I suppose. But I was thinking of the turn based board games because of the latency involved.

Now, if there was a special sharing-wrapper version of jzIntv.... :) 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...