Rev

The Intellivision Virtual Expo 2020 - MAIN EVENT Nov 21 2020

Something that might be fun for the next event, whenever that occurs: competitive play! Rick and Willie did a chess game a while back, it would be fun for the event to have real competition in it, streamed live! :)

Here's a crazy idea ... if we're going to make the Intellivision Virtual Expo a thing, do we really need to do it once a year?

How about if we plan for a Spring event? :)

-dZ.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, First Spear said:

Something that might be fun for the next event, whenever that occurs: competitive play! Rick and Willie did a chess game a while back, it would be fun for the event to have real competition in it, streamed live! :)

I'd love to have some multiplayer sessions of FUBAR going on, though I don't know how we would pull off netplay through jzintv (it has to be jzintv because of JLP).

One of the competitions I mentioned would be to have seven people configure an AI, and then I put all of those AIs against each other in multiple games, each with different game rules, until one wins, say three times.

36 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

Here's a crazy idea ... if we're going to make the Intellivision Virtual Expo a thing, do we really need to do it once a year?

How about if we plan for a Spring event? :)

-dZ.

That is my thought exactly. There is no reason to wait until late 2021. Having something in the Summer might be good in that there would be some residual "shine" from the Amico release but would not overshadow us. I think there would be additional content, and more time for presenters to prep.

• Like 1

I’m sure there will be some kind of official post later but the Virtual Expo is on youtube now, in the Intellivision Revolution channel. It has been separated into 11 events and most of the technical issues removed.

Even better the second time, enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=Intellivision+revolution

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Steve

Thank you so much for working on and separating the expo into parts!  I am now going to watch the events that I missed. At my convenience and leisure, too!  

thanks again!

Tim

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

I’m sure there will be some kind of official post later but the Virtual Expo is on youtube now, in the Intellivision Revolution channel. It has been separated into 11 events and most of the technical issues removed.

Even better the second time, enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=Intellivision+revolution

Thanks, Steve!

I finally got a chance to watch all of these on YouTube. I really enjoyed it! Hope you guys do these more often. 😎

• Like 1

Along with competitive Chess play, it might be cool to try a kind of Astrosmash Shootoff competition of some kind, or some other game with a high scoring-by-time component. Anyone that plays will need a "blessed" hardware configuration (eg no jzIntv with the --me-win-always switch enabled :) ) but with enough planning on the side of the organizers, it would be possible.

• Like 1

Are we planning for 2021 now?  Same time as last year?  I know you had your "live stream" sidebars happening before, and I had a couple devices set to watch them while the main event was going on concurrently.

9 minutes ago, First Spear said:

Along with competitive Chess play, it might be cool to try a kind of Astrosmash Shootoff competition of some kind, or some other game with a high scoring-by-time component. Anyone that plays will need a "blessed" hardware configuration (eg no jzIntv with the --me-win-always switch enabled :) ) but with enough planning on the side of the organizers, it would be possible.

No need for a "blessed" hardware configuration when we can have the host use a TV POWWWW! setup, and then the participant only needs to shout POWWWW! into the zoom meeting while everyone else is on mute :lolblue:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, fdr4prez said:

No need for a "blessed" hardware configuration when we can have the host use a TV POWWWW! setup, and then the participant only needs to shout POWWWW! into the zoom meeting while everyone else is on mute :lolblue:

I'm kind of interested in doing that too. A real Game room with single player play, versus events, and a TV POWWW 2021! The mind boggles.