IGNORED

SNES mini knockoff: would hdmi-->AV be ok

i mean the vcs is my first home console.  And i have no exp w/ most nes games save the mario series.  i mean even if only a few games i play like maybe 1942 is one no ones complained about in a review on this thing yet....id consider it a ok purchase.  there was no way i was gonna buy an offical going at 100.  for a quarter of the price according to the reviews i see you DO get SOMETHING.........so.....

The emulation might be garbage, unless it's a NOAC which tend to run better. But have fun with the endless repeats. You'd be better off with one of those Retron consoles than whatever that is you bought.

Gone are the days where bootleg Famicom carts/consoles have no repeats. I have a Power Joy cartridge and it does not have a single repeat on it. I'd take a good 80-in-1 with no repeats over 620-in-1 where more than half of the games are repeats.

IM NOT TURNING MY BACK ON VCS- in fact i think this console will make me appreciate VCS even more.  sure theres going to be graphic capbilities far beyond what stella can do- but ive seen some of the games and really that doesnt make them superior.  even games that are on the vcs and cloned to nes: theres some kind of stargate game, donkey kong, galxian.  Already i know im going to prefer the warmer colors of VCS- can you tell me the newer DK 2600 homebrews arent superior to NES Donkey Kong?  Or what about stock 1984 stargate?  The NES will look more "cartoony" and the VCS more arcade-like.  surely im not the first person to think of this

Edited by chewy