IGNORED

New Aleste game for Game Gear

So apparently they decided to make GG Aleste 3 and release it as part of the Aleste Collection and on the limited edition Game Gear Micro that insta-sold out and is now unobtainable without paying a scalper twice its MSRP.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/aleste-collection-adds-gg-aleste-3-a-new-title-made-for-game-gear

Unexpected, but definitely interesting, I think.

38 minutes ago, zetastrike said:

? Please please someone dump it.  How do you go through the trouble of making a brand new game for old hardware and release it in such an asinine manner?

Have you met m2? They made a Tetris game (and reworked a homebrew Darius port) for the Genesis Mini that work on real hardware. They made an arcade Fantasy Zone 2 for a ps2 collection from scratch that runs on a revision of Sega’s then-current arcade hardware. They love this kinda thing.

10 hours ago, ubersaurus said:

Have you met m2? They made a Tetris game (and reworked a homebrew Darius port) for the Genesis Mini that work on real hardware. They made an arcade Fantasy Zone 2 for a ps2 collection from scratch that runs on a revision of Sega’s then-current arcade hardware. They love this kinda thing.

Gauntlet IV. This has been their bread and butter since they started.

2 hours ago, Black_Tiger said:

Did the "Near Arcade" games from the PC Engine mini ever get dumped?

I don't think they have. I thought about buying the CoreGrafx mini just for Salamander, but I waited too long and now only scalpers and Amazons in countries with exchange rates that are definitely not in my favour have it. I could get the TurboGrafx-16 mini from Amazon USA, though.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

On 9/26/2020 at 9:31 AM, zetastrike said:

? Please please someone dump it.  How do you go through the trouble of making a brand new game for old hardware and release it in such an asinine manner?

Because Sega probably paid them to? That's often how these things typically work, heh.

I do hope someone is able to get ahold of it somehow and dump it. The first two on Game Gear are pretty good.

9 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I don't think they have. I thought about buying the CoreGrafx mini just for Salamander, but I waited too long and now only scalpers and Amazons in countries with exchange rates that are definitely not in my favour have it. I could get the TurboGrafx-16 mini from Amazon USA, though.

Does the regular PCE Mini not have it? Those are still in stock.

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Nope. It's only on the CoreGrafx mini and TG-16 mini. Salamander was the game they traded Tokimeki Memorial and Tengai Makyou II for on the TG-16 mini and the CoreGrafx mini.

I mean, you're not missing THAT much. Certainly not enough to warrant another $100 purchase. Just grab the Arcade Archives version (that comes with a variety of region options) on a modern system and call it a day.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Since when?  How bad is the british conversion to yen?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SLM7N9J

£86.44  currently converts to 11706.74 yen  Is that terrible?

Currently in USD that's 111

I'm very tempted at that price to get that myself.  It would nudge me over the top probably in just letting go of my CG2 and my hucards + everdrive all together.  I'm finding, less is more as far as consoles/handhelds go anymore.  Already offloading the modded duo, ps3 super slim, and a new 3dsxl too.

But as roots there said, Salamander, at least HuCard alone, it's cheap.  I'm kind of shocked I don't have it, thought I had picked it up but it's not in my small set of things.

16 hours ago, Austin said:

I mean, you're not missing THAT much. Certainly not enough to warrant another $100 purchase. Just grab the Arcade Archives version (that comes with a variety of region options) on a modern system and call it a day.

I meant Salamander near Arcade. I already have the Konami arcade collection thingy on the Switch, which is basically an Arcade Archives collection that's just Konami stuff, so at least I'm not missing much. I'd like to do it the "other" way and try the near Arcade version on my real PC Engine, though.

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Since when?  How bad is the british conversion to yen?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SLM7N9J

£86.44  currently converts to 11706.74 yen  Is that terrible?

Currently in USD that's 111

I'm very tempted at that price to get that myself.  It would nudge me over the top probably in just letting go of my CG2 and my hucards + everdrive all together.  I'm finding, less is more as far as consoles/handhelds go anymore.  Already offloading the modded duo, ps3 super slim, and a new 3dsxl too.

But as roots there said, Salamander, at least HuCard alone, it's cheap.  I'm kind of shocked I don't have it, thought I had picked it up but it's not in my small set of things.

Ideally, 1 pound = 100 yen. I'm getting a few conflicting conversion rates, but at 86 pounds, that's a little cheaper than the 99 pounds it was when I last checked a few weeks ago when 1 pound was 135 yen. If I wanted to, I can just go get the HuCARD tomorrow since I have been meaning to buy it and I want to go to Akiba anyway, although it's mostly to pick up a few 3000 yen Neo Geo games like Garou Densetsu 2/Special if I can find them.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1