IGNORED

Volley for Two - new C128 game

RobertB

I tried to play this tonight using a BackBit cartridge, but no dice. After the initial loader completes it crashes to a ready prompt. I tried kernel mode as well. I suspect it might be a compatibility issue with the BackBit so I will have to try to copy it to a real disk at some point. Does anyone else have a BackBit to test?

3 minutes ago, bjonte said:

That was rather surprising. I don’t have access to a BackBit unit so I can’t test myself but I’ll order one so I can see what’s going on with that.

Aside from the issue, you will not regret the order. This cartridge is an excellent tool to have under the belt. While it is not an Ultimate cartridge, it is quite close and extremely useful. Please keep me updated with your findings!

Edited by eightbit

5 minutes ago, bjonte said:

I found the issue in the specifications of BackBit.

”Works in C128 slow mode”

The fast mode is used and that’s why the cartridge doesn’t work.

Thanks for looking into it. Is there any fix? I am assuming no..

Edited by eightbit

Thanks! I'll wait for your message!

I did some investigations. The 2 MHz mode isn’t turned on until after the loading is done, unless you are autobooting with the 80-column button pressed. Did you do that?

If you didn’t, it looks like a more severe BackBit compatibility issue that needs more work. I have ordered a BackBit unit in order to look at it later but it will take some time. There’s no guarantee that I can make a workaround for this.

Confirmed the issue is resolved and the game loads perfectly! Great job on this, it looks and plays fantastic!

On a side note I will say the support I have received for the BackBit has been unparalleled. This is the third thing Evie fixed for me in a week...and I have only owned the BackBit for that long ;)

2 minutes ago, eightbit said:

Confirmed the issue is resolved and the game loads perfectly! Great job on this, it looks and plays fantastic!

Thanks a lot!

2 minutes ago, eightbit said:

On a side note I will say the support I have received for the BackBit has been unparalleled. 

I can only chime in. The BackBit support seems great!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...