IGNORED

Favorite Parker Brothers game

jeremiahjt

Favorite Parker Brothers game  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which Parker Brothers game is your favorite on the VCS?

• Amidar
    • Frogger
    • Frogger II: Threeedeep!
    • G.I. Joe - Cobra Strike (Action Force)
    • Gyruss
    • James Bond 007
    • Montezuma's Revenge
    • Mr. Do!'s Castle
    • Popeye
    • Q*bert
    • Q*bert's Qubes
    • Reactor
    • Sky Skipper
    • Spider-Man
    • Star Wars: Jedi Arena
    • Star Wars: Return of the Jedi: Death Star Battle
    • Star Wars: The Arcade Game
    • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
    • Strawberry Shortcake Musical Match-Ups
    • Super Cobra
    • Tutankham

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

So many people praising ROTJ, yet it has only 1 vote (mine) as opposed to ESB having 12. Hmmm.

I love the game, dont get me wrong, but what's missing is the theme tune that EVERY other game has.

Why??

When you blow up the Death Star II and are dodging the fireballs (which I imagine was the best they could do to recapture Lando's escape from the explosion within the Death Star II) you should hear the theme, not that... that... stuff? noise? crazy shit?, you hear instead!

21 hours ago, Torr said:

So many people praising ROTJ, yet it has only 1 vote (mine) as opposed to ESB having 12. Hmmm.

I love the game, dont get me wrong, but what's missing is the theme tune that EVERY other game has.

Why??

When you blow up the Death Star II and are dodging the fireballs (which I imagine was the best they could do to recapture Lando's escape from the explosion within the Death Star II) you should hear the theme, not that... that... stuff? noise? crazy shit?, you hear instead!

I think it's because lots of people who have played it like Jedi, but few consider it the best game on the system. If you own it, and it's more obscure, you probably have owned/played the rest of the PB stuff as a collector and more likely find something like Montezuma the best. That's the case for me, anyway. Like it much better than Empire, but nowhere near as much as Montezuma.

Empire is up there with Frogger as one of the two most common PB carts back in the day. Everyone played it. I think that's why it's so popular: everyone had it and frogger. Most people ONLY had those and maybe Q'bert. The better PB games are far more scarce, which is why they get less votes. Jedi is an R4/5. Qbert's Qubes is an R9. Frogger II is R6, Montezuma an R5. Empire and Frogger are R2. 

I think Empire gets votes because it was far more available and played than the others. Nostalgia is a factor too. I just personally find it way less fun than Montezuma or some of the others. Ultimately, though, it's just personal taste. A good friend of mine could sit there for HOURS playing it. I get bored after five minutes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...