IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 12 - Frog Bog

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

Just a point of interest. I think the manual has a mis-print. The highest points bug (horsefly?) is actually worth 25 points, not 35 points. @BiffMan can correct me if I'm wrong.... 

Yes, the highest point bug is pictured correctly, but is 25 points.  I always thought that was a dragonfly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BiffMan said:

Yes, the highest point bug is pictured correctly, but is 25 points.  I always thought that was a dragonfly.

Yeah I was just referring to the points being a mis-print. It probably is a dragonfly. One thing is sure, it’s a bitch to catch lol. ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Funny, but I'd forgotten till just now an old saying my family used to have:  "Some days, it's like every jump goes in the water"  

Hadn't thought of that in years and had forgotten it came from this game.  :)

I like you and Matt had this cart as a kid too. It’s a simple no frills game, but still fun in an all you are doing is eating bugs kind of way hahahahaha ???

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rickster8 said:

I like you and Matt had this cart as a kid too. It’s a simple no frills game, but still fun in an all you are doing is eating bugs kind of way hahahahaha ???

We played it often enough that some things like that saying crept into every day life.  Dropped your toast butter-side down after a bad day at school?  "Some days, it's like every jump goes in the water"  ? 

• Haha 4

I think I literally played this once when I was 6 or 7 years old, then put it away forever and went back to playing Tron, BurgerTime, and AD&D, lol. It’s cool that I’ll be pushed into playing this for real now, it seems like a stress free fun game, which we need. Will give it a go tonight!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

505 - fixed arc

Man, fixed arc is frustrating. Wouldn't mind it so much if it was fixed+tongue, but annoying to watch him miss easy ones again and again and again and... 

20200928_181105.jpg

Wow that's an insane score. Lol I can't believe after only a few hours we are already at 500+ on disc level. The world record on Twin Galaxies is 550. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

505 - fixed arc

Man, fixed arc is frustrating. Wouldn't mind it so much if it was fixed+tongue, but annoying to watch him miss easy ones again and again and again and... 

20200928_181105.jpg

Lol the poor misses starved this game HAHAHAHAHAHAA

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BiffMan said:

We played it often enough that some things like that saying crept into every day life.  Dropped your toast butter-side down after a bad day at school?  "Some days, it's like every jump goes in the water"  ? 

I'm going to start using this. It's one of those things that sounds so simple but without context means literally nothing. I wonder if I can get anyone else to adopt it! ?

• Haha 4

You know... I think there's still some confusion on the difficulty settings for this one.

In Frog Bog (and some others), there's no such thing as "disc" mode. Rather, in this game, you can choose between a Day time game and a Night time game.  In the night time game, you can continue slurping bugs until the moon goes down. In the daytime game, you will progress through the times of day until ending on the night time scene. In this mode, once all the bugs are consumed or have flown away, the game is over.

So, those are the two main game "modes." When selecting the day time game mode from the title screen, controls will automatically default to "easy" or, Fixed Arc. When selecting the night time game mode from the title screen, your controls will default to "medium" which is where you must control the arc while the tongue flick remains automatic.

Complicating matters... you can change the skill level (fixed arc, medium or full manual) at any time in any game mode (night or day)

It's confusing as hell, but I'm 99% certain this is accurate.

Edited by Intelligentleman

25 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

You know... I think there's still some confusion on the difficulty settings for this one.

In Frog Bog (and some others), there's no such thing as "disc" mode. Rather, in this game, you can choose between a Day time game and a Night time game.  In the night time game, you can continue slurping bugs until the moon goes down. In the daytime game, you will progress through the times of day until ending on the night time scene. In this mode, once all the bugs are consumed or have flown away, the game is over.

So, those are the two main game "modes." When selecting the day time game mode from the title screen, controls will automatically default to "easy" or, Fixed Arc. When selecting the night time game mode from the title screen, your controls will default to "medium" which is where you must control the arc while the tongue flick remains automatic.

Complicating matters... you can change the skill level (fixed arc, medium or full manual) at any time in any game mode (night or day)

It's confusing as hell, but I'm 99% certain this is accurate.

That's fine, but like you said before. We have the regular game which is disc mode - fixed arc. Then the bonus level is also considered disc level, but you click the enter button for 'dir & tongue' and that's how we can differentiate the two. Also you will notice in fixed arc the frogs always finish in pretty much the same position. In D&T they can end up anywhere on the lily pads facing either direction so that's another way to differentiate between the two games.... ?

• Like 3