IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 12 - Frog Bog

6 hours ago, BiffMan said:

Oh, I'm sure you'll hit 1,000 by tomorrow...  :) 

I just played this and I am absolutely perplexed as to how you got above 500. I can barely get above 300! The frog constantly misses everything on the screen. It’s ridiculous! And the controls in the bonus game...ARGH!!!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I just played this and I am absolutely perplexed as to how you got above 500. I can barely get above 300! The frog constantly misses everything on the screen. It’s ridiculous! And the controls in the bonus game...ARGH!!!

Stick with it. The controls in D+T are spot-on once you get used to them. The biggest thing is the duration of press. Try really tiny jumps at first and work your way to a 'normal' jump duration.  That plus 16 direction disc control really does let you jump wherever you want to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Stick with it. The controls in D+T are spot-on once you get used to them. The biggest thing is the duration of press. Try really tiny jumps at first and work your way to a 'normal' jump duration.  That plus 16 direction disc control really does let you jump wherever you want to. 

I’ll keep trying, but man, the controls sure seemed like a mess!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I’ll keep trying, but man, the controls sure seemed like a mess!

Likely it's the press duration that's giving you fits since it's unusual in a game of this era.  Short tap, tiny hop. Long hold, go flailing the full length of screen.  In the middle is where you want to be. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3rd Frog Bog Entry: Lol we should have a separate side-bar contest to see whose white froggy (The Missus') scores the least. I think '20' is gonna be tough to beat fellas... ???

UPDATE!!! Matt already beat it, his white froggy scored ZERO!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!! 

Disc Level (Fixed Arc): 460

Bonus Level: (Dir. & Tongue) 420

FB(460)S13.jpg.1a2dfc88de5432f29a2dd1e5cbed2a26.jpgFB(420)DTBLANK.jpg.90e248d9270865b29798ce01bf2e957b.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

Ha ha, intyfan, I told you anything above 300 was good! ?

I'm actually looking forward to D&t mode. Never really gave it much of a shot

LOL, yes I felt like 300 was pretty good.  I'll keep messing with it, but my frog was drunk last night and flailing all over the place!  Poor guy.  ? 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Rickster8 said:

@BiffMan I'm curious, have you ever, or do you recall ever getting 600 in this game? Fixed Arc or D&T? In Fixed Arc I would think that's impossible, but in D&T, maybe? 

I really don't recall what the high score was BITD, but I recall over 500 being "satisfying" but that's about it.  I think over 600 is very doable, I had plenty of whiffs in that 540 game.  Starts to come down to luck as much as anything at that point though, just like with many of these games.  Fun to play, not so fun to eek out that last 10%.

D&T definitely superior to fixed arc, for the tongue action alone.  I recall we had to learn D&T just because it was impossible in fixed to keep up with someone using D&T.  I think you could get a high score in fixed arc, just... why would you want to?  :)  

• Like 2