IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 12 - Frog Bog

2 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Awesome scores! Best hose those frogs down before things get out of hand. 

Thanks. I think I've topped out though on the fixed arc game. The D&T one you have so much more control. The game is fun, cannot believe it hasn't been played here yet.... 

• Like 2

I'm not ashamed to say I prefer easy (fixed arc) haha. Played the vcs version this summer in the hsc and I've had enough of falling into the water!

Fixed Arc - 325

1309969275_FrogBog2020-09-3011_21.09-fixed.thumb.png.ba2147f0c599dc5d25cdb9130100ea87.png

Direction & Tongue - 175

961953341_FrogBog2020-09-3011_16.36-drt.thumb.png.a7f14b609d42374478e51f0622506b4c.png

When the frogs are facing away from each other at the end, I picture them going, "I'm full, goodnight honey," then each rolling over.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

I'm not ashamed to say I prefer easy (fixed arc) haha. Played the vcs version this summer in the hsc and I've had enough of falling into the water!

Fixed Arc - 325

1309969275_FrogBog2020-09-3011_21.09-fixed.thumb.png.ba2147f0c599dc5d25cdb9130100ea87.png

Direction & Tongue - 175

961953341_FrogBog2020-09-3011_16.36-drt.thumb.png.a7f14b609d42374478e51f0622506b4c.png

When the frogs are facing away from each other at the end, I picture them going, "I'm full, goodnight honey," then each rolling over.

Cool so then you do have the game? NICE!!!! ?

My Frog Bog Update: Managed to do a little better on the Fixed Arc version. I want 500, but it's really hard to do on this level. It's weird cuz I get my highest scores in the Fixed Arc game on the TV downstairs. I get my highest D&T scores on the TV upstairs... Strange!!!

Disc Level (Fixed Arc): 480 - UPDATED

Bonus Level: (Dir. & Tongue) 535 - UPDATED

FB(480)FAS13.jpg.eee6d3c552b43c5d85b04727ff82a61e.jpgFBDT(535)S13v2.jpg.a5888e51dd30225f23bd86c173ffab4d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Man, manual control is frustrating as hell - at least for a while. It only took me, maybe, 20 minutes to bring in a better score on manual mode than my most recent fixed arc game. Still don't feel comfortable with it, but the results speak for themselves, I guess.

EDIT: Let me also say that I like doing the rapid-fire tongue flicks. It's often netted me some bonus bugs.

Edited by Intelligentleman
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Man, manual control is frustrating as hell - at least for a while. It only took me, maybe, 20 minutes to bring in a better score on manual mode than my most recent fixed arc game. Still don't feel comfortable with it, but the results speak for themselves, I guess.

EDIT: Let me also say that I like doing the rapid-fire tongue flicks. It's often netted me some bonus bugs.

Yeah the disc definitely has some issues with this game. Sometimes the jumping accuracy is pinpont and other times you press it and the frog goes clear across the screen into the drink.... ?

• Like 2

Frog Bog Update thru post #119:

(Regular Game) Fixed Arc:

1. 505 Biffman 

2. 480 Rickster8

3. 400 mr_me

4. 360 Player One

5. 325 IntyFanMatt

5. 325 fakecortex

7. 310 Intelligentleman

8. 160 Mangia-Boy

(Bonus Level) Dir. & Tongue:

1. 565 Biffman

2. 535 Rickster8

3. 445 mr_me

4. 370 Player One

5. 355 Intelligentleman

6. 240 IntyFanMatt

7. 210 Mangia-Boy

8. 175 fakecortex

• Thanks 5

Trying to improve on fixed arc and I'm reminded of that other old family saying from Frog Bog:

"Some days that frog just WON'T FUCKING USE HIS TONGUE AT THE RIGHT TIME, OH MY GOD I HATE THIS GAME, WHY THE FUCK DID YOU WANT TO PLAY ON FIXED ARC?!!?!???

Or something like that.  I spent a lot of time heavily medicated as a child.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Trying to improve on fixed arc and I'm reminded of that other old family saying from Frog Bog:

"Some days that frog just WON'T FUCKING USE HIS TONGUE AT THE RIGHT TIME, OH MY GOD I HATE THIS GAME, WHY THE FUCK DID YOU WANT TO PLAY ON FIXED ARC?!!?!???

Or something like that.  I spend a lot of time heavily medicated as a child.

Lol well atleast we have a bonus game that’s manually operated right? Glass half full. Also with both of your way high scores I don’t think gonna get much sympathy.... ?

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Lol well atleast we have a bonus game that’s manually operated right? Glass half full. Also with both of your way high scores I don’t think gonna get much sympathy.... ?

Doesn't meant there isn't room for improvement though!!!  If this season has taught me anything, it's that no score is safe.  Besides, I'd rather bash my frog against fixed arc than play any more Avoid-n-Jump at this point.  :) 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Doesn't meant there isn't room for improvement though!!!  If this season has taught me anything, it's that no score is safe.  Besides, I'd rather bash my frog against fixed arc than play any more Avoid-n-Jump at this point.  :) 

Yeah I just played some (BNJ) and got nowhere. That damn dump truck that drops the dirt right in front of you to smash into..... Ooooooohhhhh that stupid thing angers me the HELL out of me..... ???

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1