IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 12 - Frog Bog

Just now, IntyFanMatt said:

Frog Slog, I mean Frog Bog update:

425 - Fixed

310 - D&T

Man I suck at this game! At least I spent some quality time with the misses at the end of my D&T game below. We called off the divorce...for now...

94EBA11B-797C-4C0E-8090-91FEF9468C1B.jpeg

D5968757-29E3-49D4-9472-3F584C2178C4.jpeg

Haha!!! How do you keep managing to not let her eat anything at all??? ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Haha!!! How do you keep managing to not let her eat anything at all??? ?

Everytime I fall in the water, which is a ton, I hit her disc and make her fall in the water too, since I have a second to do it. It’s pretty easy actually. I don’t know if it hurts or helps me because I am then focused on 2 controllers, but it’s my strategy for now. Who knows, it may be dumb. Lol. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Everytime I fall in the water, which is a ton, I hit her disc and make her fall in the water too, since I have a second to do it. It’s pretty easy actually. I don’t know if it hurts or helps me because I am then focused on 2 controllers, but it’s my strategy for now. Who knows, it may be dumb. Lol. 

Eliminating the competition helps, there's only so many flies to go around.  I've had games where the computer had over 200 points.

-----------------------------------------

440  fixed arc

fbogfa.thumb.png.1ab3e62dd8e20b4ae882b881ff40ab18.png

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Eliminating the competition helps, there's only so many flies to go around.  I've had games where the computer had over 200 points.

-----------------------------------------

440  fixed arc

fbogfa.thumb.png.1ab3e62dd8e20b4ae882b881ff40ab18.png

I just tried putting the other controller on D&T, but after like 10 seconds it just reverts back to fixed arc and that frog becomes automatically controlled again. It's too bad they didn't set this game up with the option to just play it as one player instead of forcing two players.... ?

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

I just tried putting the other controller on D&T, but after like 10 seconds it just reverts back to fixed arc and that frog becomes automatically controlled again. It's too bad they didn't set this game up with the option to just play it as one player instead of forcing two players.... ?

That was good thinking. I like IntyFan's method of tapping the player 2 disc every once in a while to reset the computer AI on it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

That was good thinking. I like IntyFan's method of tapping the player 2 disc every once in a while to reset the computer AI on it.

Can't say it's really been that much of an impact to me, but it does add an extra luck element to a game that's already highly reliant on luck for high scores.  Guess it'd be easy enough to put the other controller on the ground and just tap the disc with your foot occasionally to keep it 'active'.  Please use socks though.  I ain't touchin' no controller that yo stank-ass bare feet have been all over.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, BiffMan said:

Can't say it's really been that much of an impact to me, but it does add an extra luck element to a game that's already highly reliant on luck for high scores.  Guess it'd be easy enough to put the other controller on the ground and just tap the disc with your foot occasionally to keep it 'active'.  Please use socks though.  I ain't touchin' no controller that yo stank-ass bare feet have been all over.

Lol, if that's the worst thing to happen to these controllers in their 40-year lifespan, that's pretty good!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Since the player and the computer are vying for the same bugs, I see it as essentially playing against the machine, and therefore didn't even think of messing with the second player. But if it's considered "legal" for this hsc, I'm gonna try it and see if I do any better. I've been playing where I try to see how far I can get before the misses snags a fly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Since the player and the computer are vying for the same bugs, I see it as essentially playing against the machine, and therefore didn't even think of messing with the second player. But if it's considered "legal" for this hsc, I'm gonna try it and see if I do any better. I've been playing where I try to see how far I can get before the misses snags a fly.

Even in my most recent high-score games, the damn computer robbed me of SEVERAL tasty morsels. So, if it's like you say and we're playing against the computer, maybe it's not fair to mess with controller 2? I honestly have no idea. haha.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Even in my most recent high-score games, the damn computer robbed me of SEVERAL tasty morsels. So, if it's like you say and we're playing against the computer, maybe it's not fair to mess with controller 2? I honestly have no idea. haha.

I've not touched the 2nd controller and got over 500 just fine, so I don't think it necessary, but I don't have a problem with someone sidelining the Missus.  If anything, she might actually be helping you out by getting new bugs to spawn more quickly.  It's pretty rare that she actually mid-jump kill steals from me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

I've not touched the 2nd controller and got over 500 just fine, so I don't think it necessary, but I don't have a problem with someone sidelining the Missus.  If anything, she might actually be helping you out by getting new bugs to spawn more quickly.  It's pretty rare that she actually mid-jump kill steals from me.

Man, then I was very unlucky. There were several instances where the missus and I were almost perfectly overlapping in the air, with tongues outstretched, but SHE got the points.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Man, then I was very unlucky. There were several instances where the missus and I were almost perfectly overlapping in the air, with tongues outstretched, but SHE got the points.

Careful, I'm pretty sure that's how baby frogs get made.  Then you're seriously scrambling to get your own bugs.

• Haha 4

My Frog Bog Update: In the 565 D&T game I had 420 points when the sky turned orange, only needed another 180 for 600 and ofcourse I preceded to miss almost everything after that. 600 in D&T is VERY possible, everything just has to fall right. Since we have 10 more days of this I'm setting some personal goals. I want 500 in the Fixed Arc game and 600 in the D&T game. LET'S DO THIS!!!! ?

Regular Level (Fixed Arc): 480 

Bonus Level: (Dir. & Tongue) 565 - UPDATED

FB(480)FAS13.jpg.124926c57d64457ee0770b3b973c8538.jpgFBDT(565)D13.jpg.dd5bcfd331f177ec87152a24da482f84.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

My Frog Bog Update: In the 565 D&T game I had 420 points when the sky turned orange, only needed another 180 for 600 and ofcourse I preceded to miss almost everything after that. 600 in D&T is VERY possible, everything just has to fall right. Since we have 10 more days of this I'm setting some personal goals. I want 500 in the Fixed Arc game and 600 in the D&T game. LET'S DO THIS!!!! ?

Wow, sweet scores Rick!  I can only dream of those scores...

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

FB(480)FAS13.jpg.124926c57d64457ee0770b3b973c8538.jpgFBDT(565)D13.jpg.dd5bcfd331f177ec87152a24da482f84.jpg

Nicely done! Agreed 600 is very feasible, it's just another of those <1% outcomes. I've also had several games over 400 at sunset that then go to crap. 

Speaking of crap, I'm actually the white frog in this one. Revenge of the Missus! 

20201001_184252.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Improved in the bonus game:

420 - D&T

I do agree that manual control is much better than the auto control once you get the hang of it. In auto, it’s just too painful to watch your frog miss everything.

E21C2531-C535-4890-AA4C-93CAEF023C0A.jpeg

Lol and still not even a morsel for the poor famished missus.... ?

• Haha 3