IGNORED

CPUWIZ in hospital

Albert

1 minute ago, cvga said:

I am so so sorry to hear this and am praying that "never gets better" just means that it won't heal and that there are medicinal or other remedies to help function normally.

No, I have to take a fuckton of meds, that pretend to do the job of the liver.  My legs are already filling with fluids, as well as a balloon stomach.  My clock is ticking faster now, but no worries, I'll be just like drac, post until my last day. :)

• Sad 6

Get well soon @CPUWIZ!!!

This site and the entire Atari Community are not the same without you!!!

I will dedicate a couple of episodes of The Atari Report to you when I do the voiceovers for this week's episodes of 2600 and 5200 Editions, so watch for them they will be up tomorrow afternoon!!! To reveal the games I will be reviewing they will be the 2600 version of Space Duel and the 5200 version of Star Wars - The Arcade Game.

6 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

No, I have to take a fuckton of meds, that pretend to do the job of the liver.  My legs are already filling with fluids, as well as a balloon stomach.  My clock is ticking faster now, but no worries, I'll be just like drac, post until my last day. :)

Hang in there bud.

Medical info

[spolier]  My mom was in hospital and diagnosed with cirrhosis 14 months ago (chronic depression and drinking after my dad passed from a long term illness).  She's still not out of the woods, but she has been clean for all 14 months, on a shit ton of meds, and "just" dealing with osteoporosis and multiple broken bones now.

[/spoiler]

Stay strong - I really believe your outlook can greatly influence your reality.  There's a ton of us out here pulling for you and wishing you the best.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

So upset to hear this my good friend. :(  Odd question, but are you a candidate for a liver transplant?

Spoiler

When I came out of the coma, it was like a movie, “what year is it?” “do you know where you are?” “what is your name?” “who is the president?” - The last one was the one that made the nurses etc. instantly like me, because I said “An orange clown!”.  Instant LOLz.
They kept asking me for my name and birthday, one time I cracked them up, because I was tired of repeating it over and over and said “Captain James T Kirk>.
Yesterday I said “Jean Luke Picard, star date...”. LOL
One nurse was confused and said “I must have the wrong room.”

warning, mild political humor involved. ?

Even half dead, I will refuse to drop my sarcasm or sense of humor.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

3 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

When I came out of the coma, it was like a movie, “what year is it?” “do you know where you are?” “what is your name?” “who is the president?” - The last one was the one that made the nurses etc. instantly like me, because I said “An orange clown!”.  Instant LOLz.
They kept asking me for my name and birthday, one time I cracked them up, because I was tired of repeating it over and over and said “Captain James T Kirk>.
Yesterday I said “Jean Luke Picard, star date...”. LOL
One nurse was confused and said “I must have the wrong room.”

warning, mild political humor involved. ?

Even half dead, I will refuse to drop my sarcasm or sense of humor.

7 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Oh well,  doctors just came in and told me, that I will never  get Bette r.  Anyone want to buy rare shit?

Well then, yes.   (Somebody had to say yes.  I volunteer to be the first a-hole.)

I don't know that we've ever talked/replied to each other, but I've read and appreciated your posts over the years, and I'm sincerely sorry that you were hospitalized and received what appears to be a not-so-great prognosis.

It sounds like you're preparing for the worst, but I hope that things aren't as bleak as they may now seem. I genuinely wish you the best and hope you bounce back from this. The AA community is pulling for you. :)

• Like 2

I hope somehow you get thru this and find some comfort. 

Your contributions into keeping the true Atari going can not be measured. Ya know the Atari that we all have in our memories of many years ago not some clown shit of today..

I never met you as well but I have been around and you sent me a rare cart for free.. just cause I asked about it.. 

Somehow you have to recover..I will go down to Portland to that nerd game convention (if they don't burn it down) and see all you yankee doodles there..

7 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

I should have stayed in the hospital, things just went all kinds of sideways.

Tonight's the first night I can remember actually shedding tears since my youngest son was diagnosed with cancer many years ago. Ironically, after an extended absence from AtariAge, CPUWIZ send me a short message that rekindled my interest and brought me back to this site.

Don't give up. We're here with you.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I haven't posted here in a long time but, when I saw this thread on Facebook, I had to sign in to say how sad I am to hear of your suffering. You are such a great asset to the classic gaming community and a true CPU Wiz (I have at least one of your games) with rare knowledge and skill as well as a great friend to many here. You are in our thoughts. 

• Like 3