IGNORED

CPUWIZ in hospital

Albert

Not really sure what to say man.  Definitely hope you get better for your family's sake.  Thanks for all of the cool designs you've made so far that weren't games but made it possible for all of us to excited about those cool games that could play on your hardware.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

I should have stayed in the hospital, things just went all kinds of sideways.

I hate it when you go home from the hospital and your nipples fall off. Are you supposed to staple them back on, use super glue, or lick and stick and hope they reattach on their own? The last option makes the most sense since your body can't reject your own slobber. It contains your own DNA after all. I just don't like the idea of licking either side of my own nipples. It's gross. Maybe I could lick an envelop, rub the back of my nipples on the moist glue, then stick them back on. No, that wouldn't work; the glue might make my body reject the nipples. I know! I'll just drool into a paper cup and drop my my nipples in and try not to let them slip away across the universe.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Random Terrain said:

and try not to let them slip away across the universe.

Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind
Possessing and caressing me...

Sounds of laughter shades of life are ringing
Through my open ears inciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns
And calls me on and on across the universe

Edited by Andrew Davie
  • Like 1

I had wondered about a transplant, too. Also, if there is not one available, I know there is the possibility of a living donor liver transplant. A portion of the healthy person's liver can be transplanted, and both livers will then regenerate. I know about this because the possibility was discussed for a family member of mine, but it turned out to be too late in his case. I sincerely hope there is an option for you that would give you the possibility of recovery.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

No, I have to take a fuckton of meds, that pretend to do the job of the liver.  My legs are already filling with fluids, as well as a balloon stomach.  My clock is ticking faster now, but no worries, I'll be just like drac, post until my last day. :)

If they can do it for David Crosby...Can’t they put you on a liver transplant list? Some local kids a few years ago went shrooming and ruined their livers , they ended up getting transplants. Best of luck.

Hey CPUWIZ sorry all that you're going through. Ive always enjoyed our convos and am sending you good thoughts and vibes. You are awesome and hope to see you back at full force!!! In the spirit of our past conversations, here is the gist of them all lol.... :ponder:

Hey CPUWiz. Before you peace out I want to tell you and everyone how much I appreciated your dedicated help when I was on a tight deadline to get my Mega Man demo out all those years ago.  You really came through with coding advice and boards for me and a lot of good stories. Thanks so much. 

Thinking more about you today CPUWIZ. I was remembering the help and suggestions you gave to me when I was making those Hex Discs. I really appreciate the input you gave to me. I hope your having a better day today and that better days are ahead.

With all of the good things I’ve read about you in this thread I think you certainly deserve all the good will and karma that’s coming to you.

I hope you receive all the help and blessings that you need at this time and in the future.

Well this changed since I last checked in yesterday. Shit, god damn, no doubt that will get bleeped out by the forum filter. Are the liver issues due to the reason you were hospitalised, or something else they discovered while treating you? If the latter... haunting similarities to my mother in law. Went into hospital due to suspected stroke, while running the tests, bam, discovered stage 3 pancreatic cancer. She lasted another four months. My thought with you my man, it was wonderful finally meeting you all those years ago at CGE, and 2020 has been sucky enough with Covid, and Curt's passing to let another Atari stalwart go.

• Like 3