IGNORED

Picture slideshow: Piccolo A8

rensoup

1 hour ago, rensoup said:

Any number of them can be selected. The final color will the be the one with the smallest sum of the distances in YUV space. 

Usually I use the config above as it seems to give slightly better results than just using one of them. Though sometimes I just use Altirra or Laoo. 

I think you'd be better off with a single palette selection and ciede distance here

3 hours ago, Wrathchild said:

I think you'd be better off with a single palette selection and ciede distance here

I tested ciede in RC but I think it gave worse results than YUV. Didn't really investigate...

The results I get are good enough most of the time but when they're not it's because translating the C64' softer colors sometimes isn't possible. In that case I replace the original color with one of the from Altirra palette in a paint program to avoid any surprise.

V1.1 is available ( See First post! )

2 new pictures and 1 removed so the total is now 20 and the cart is almost fully used!

2nd tune: "Pro BMX sim" by Matt Gray, turned into a pretty cool Pokey-Sid version by Emkay. This tune can take up to 40 scanlines when replayed with RMT but takes only about 10 with LZS

• Like 3