IGNORED

Trade Atari Books for TI Books?

ballyalley

I don't know how much cross-over there is in this TI-99/4a sub-group with the Atari 8-bit home computer sub-forum, but I presume since this forum is hosted in the AtariAge forums that there must be at least a few people who collect for both computers.

Right now, I have a six books for books for the TI-99/4a computer.  They're the one's in my first TI video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoBjUDMar84

I'm looking to expand the TI books that I have currently in trade for spare Atari books that I have in my personal collection.  Is anyone interested in doing trading books with me?  If so, then I'd like to use this thread to post the books I have, and others can post the books that they have for trade.  If a few people like this idea, then over the next few days I'll make a list of TI books that I want and a list, maybe with pictures, of the Atari books that I have for trade.

So... is anyone interested in trading their spare or unwanted TI books with me?

Adam

P.S.  Oh, and if you have no interest in Atari books, then you can always give your spare TI books to me... :grin:

12 hours ago, broettger said:

I would be interested.  I will have to dig out my box of TI books and see what I have to trade.  

That sounds good.  I'll look in the garage this weekend a see what Atari 8-bit books that I have for trade too.  I'll also make a list of the specific books that I'm looking for to add to my TI collection.  Some of the books I want I think are extremely common and are easily available to buy, but trading would be much more fun.

Adam

These are the books that I'm looking for right now.  I do have pdf copies of all of these books, but they're just not the same as the real books.  I've always found pdfs hard to read.

The books published by Texas Instruments for TI and Extended BASIC seem like essentials.  I'm looking for these two books, along with the reference cards, to first add to my small collection.

The BASIC programming books all look neat, especially those that are published by Compute!.  The one on sound and graphics especially looks intriguing to me.

I doubt that I'll ever dabble in assembly language for the TI, and yet... they look really interesting.  Finally, the collections are always neat to browse and use.

Here are the books that I'm looking for now:

Books/Reference Cards by TI

• TI-99/4a User Reference Guide, by Texas Instruments
  • TI-99/4a Basic Reference Card, by Texas Instruments
  • TI Extended BASIC (Manual for Cartridge), by Texas Instruments
  • TI Extended BASIC Reference Card, by Texas Instruments

TI BASIC / Extended BASIC Programming Books

• Animation, Games and Sound for the TI-99/4a, by Tony Fabbri (1984)
  • Compute!'s Creating Arcade Games on the TI-99/4a, by Seth McEvoy (1984)
  • Compute!'s Guide to TI-99/4a Sound and Graphics, by Raymond J. Herold (1984)
  • Night Mission, by Craig G. Miller (1985)

Machine Language Books

• Compute!'s Beginners Guide to Assembly Language on the TI-99/4a, by Peter M. L. Lottrup (1985)
  • Fundamentals of TI-99/4a Assembly Language, by M. S. Morley (1984)

Article/Program Collections

• The Best of 99er, Volume 1, by Editors of 99'er Home Computer Magazine (1983)
  • Compute!'s TI Collection, Volume One (1984)
  • Compute!'s TI Collection, Volume Two (1986)
  • The Orphan Chronicles, by Ronald G. Albright (1985)

I may seek permission to edit this post so that I can update it to make it easier for other TI/Atari fans to know if I still am seeking books.

I'm going to dig out some doubles of Atari 8-Bit books this evening or tomorrow and, at least, take pictures of them to post here.

Adam

Here are 17 books for the Atari that I have for trade.  I'd like to trade one Atari book for one TI book.  Whoever sends a book will pay for shipping, this way no money have to change hands.  It would be great to trade several books with one person to save on shipping.

746571050_AtariBooksforTrade_01_Cropped.thumb.jpg.4a49c8d846b405738df3e0abf28ac818.jpg

1331333661_AtariBooksforTrade_02_Cropped.thumb.jpg.c2515cbcc26b2c548207d2c003c7fc8d.jpg

1691735644_AtariBooksforTrade_03_Cropped.thumb.jpg.9ad186120521dae3653ea6ca46f7956f.jpg

Does anyone have any of the TI books that I'm looking for to trade with books that I have?

I suppose it will probably work best to contact me personally, and then I'll make updates to this thread.

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... is anyone interested in trading some their TI books for my Atari books?

Of my previous list of "wants," these four books are at the top:

1. TI-99/4a User Reference Guide and Card, by Texas Instruments
  2. TI Extended BASIC and Reference Card (Docs for Cartridge), by Texas Instruments
  3. Compute!'s Creating Arcade Games on the TI-99/4a, by Seth McEvoy (1984)
  4. Compute!'s Guide to TI-99/4a Sound and Graphics, by Raymond J. Herold (1984)

It would be great if someone here has doubles of a few of these books.  I figure that some folks have double or triple copies of the two books by TI for TI BASIC and Extended BASIC.

Adam

1 hour ago, broettger said:

I haven’t been on here in a while due to life getting in the way of hobby time.  I still need to dig out my boxes from storage.   

I understand.  Even getting items out of my garage where my collection isn't that buried can take some time when I've got a few things on my plate at once.  Going to a storage unit adds quite a bit more complication to the matter.  Do any of the titles that I'm looking for sounds familiar to you?

Adam

1 hour ago, broettger said:

I am pretty sure I have extra copies of the first two.  I know I have some compute! books, not sure if they are the exact one you are looking for.  

I'm looking forward to whatever TI books that you find that you have as spares in your collection.

Adam

trade you ' using & programming the ti-99/4a including ready-to-run programs' https://archive.org/details/tibook_using-and-programming-the-ti994a

or

introduction to assembly language for the TI home computer https://archive.org/details/tibook_introduction-to-assembly-language-for-the-ti-home-computer

for 'Atari programming with 55 programs'?

15 minutes ago, hloberg said:

trade you [...]

I don't need the "Using & Programming the TI-99/4A, including ready-to-run programs" book, but, sure, I'll trade you my "55 Programs" book for your "Introduction to assembly language for the TI home computer" book.  It's not the exact ML book that I'm looking for, but it's a start.

Hmm... I guess I should ask... are you out of the country?  Shipping might be more expensive than me actually buying these books out-right if I need to ship my books ship overseas (I'm in the U.S.).

Contact me via a personal message here on AtariAge and we'll work out the details.

Adam

Just now, ballyalley said:

I don't need the "Using & Programming the TI-99/4A, including ready-to-run programs" book, but, sure, I'll trade you my "55 Programs" book for your "Introduction to assembly language for the TI home computer" book.  It's not the exact ML book that I'm looking for, but it's a start.

Hmm... I guess I should ask... are you out of the country?  Shipping might be more expensive than me actually buying these books out-right if I need to ship my books ship overseas (I'm in the U.S.).

Contact me via a personal message here on AtariAge and we'll work out the details.

Adam

good ole, New Braunfels, Texas. DM coming.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 5:23 PM, hloberg said:

trade you [...] introduction to assembly language for the TI home computer https://archive.org/details/tibook_introduction-to-assembly-language-for-the-ti-home-computer

for 'Atari programming with 55 programs'?

All right!  I got my TI-99/4a book in the mail today that was traded for one of my spare Atari books:

Intro_to_TI_Assembly_Cropped.thumb.jpg.321ba70ebbef49a3ab337560fe388946.jpg

Thanks to "hloberg" for trading this book to me.  The USPS book rate meant we each only paid about $3 shipping.  That's a very reasonable price to pay to get a new book, don't you think?

Has anyone else had a chance to look to see what TI books that they might have to trade for some of my Atari books?  I also have misc. BASIC and Commodore 64 books if people have some interest in those.  I'm still looking for the books in my "main wants" post in this thread:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/311930-trade-atari-books-for-ti-books/?do=findComment&comment=4646188

If anyone has these books, some of which I think are quite common, then let me know.

Adam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ballyalley said:

All right!  I got my TI-99/4a book in the mail today that was traded for one of my spare Atari books:

Intro_to_TI_Assembly_Cropped.thumb.jpg.321ba70ebbef49a3ab337560fe388946.jpg

Thanks to "hloberg" for trading this book to me.  The USPS book rate meant we each only paid about $3 shipping.  That's a very reasonable price to pay to get a new book, don't you think?

Has anyone else had a chance to look to see what TI books that they might have to trade for some of my Atari books?  I also have misc. BASIC and Commodore 64 books if people have some interest in those.  I'm still looking for the books in my "main wants" post in this thread:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/311930-trade-atari-books-for-ti-books/?do=findComment&comment=4646188

If anyone has these books, some of which I think are quite common, then let me know.

Adam

good! your welcome.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ksarul said:

I am absolutely sure I have multiple spares of the User Reference Guide and the TI Extended BASIC manual. I may even have some of the quick reference guides. I'd be interested in the Atari Pilot and Student Pilot books. . .

For Christmas, my local friend bought me New-old-stock (still wrapped in plastic!) manuals and extras that came inside the TI-99/4a box when it was new.  What a nice surprise that was to get as a gift!  I actually plan to make a short video with me going through the bag of goodies that everyone got in their box.  TI user's are familiar with it all, but I was surprised at some of the extras that came in the bag.

With this gift, I now have a copy of the TI-BASIC User's Reference manual and the TI-BASIC reference card.  I'm still extremely interested in the Extended BASIC stuff.  Let talk via messaging.  I'll send you a text message now.

Adam

4 hours ago, ballyalley said:

I actually plan to make a short video with me going through the bag of goodies that everyone got in their box.  TI user's are familiar with it all, but I was surprised at some of the extras that came in the bag.

I just finished posting the video about my TI goody bag that I mentioned here.  In this 15-minute overview video, I show and talk about the following Texas Instruments paraphernalia that you would have encountered had you bought your own brand-new TI-99/4A:

https://youtu.be/33um-5ahJqI

(and since I can never count on the AtariAge forums posting a thumbnail and link to my YouTube clip, here is a direct link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33um-5ahJqI

Here's what I cover:

Manuals:

1) Beginner's BASIC (LCB 4180)
2) Read This First! Quick Steps to Get You Set Up & Started Now!
3) User's Reference Guide: A Complete, Detailed, Guide to Using and Enjoying your Texas Instruments Computer

Miscellaneous TI Paraphernalia:

1) Texas Instruments Addendum [to Cartridges and Manuals]
2) Texas Instruments Computer Advantage Club
3) TEXNET Information Service (CL623A)
4) TI-99/4a BASIC Reference Card
5) TI-99/4a Owner/User Information Card
6) Video Modulator, Model UM1381: Operating Guide

Enjoy!

Happy new year all you TI fanatics!

Adam