IGNORED

Agent B.R.D.

FlorianD

Who?

It's Agent USA's little cousin. This time he wears a baseball cap. And the action takes place in Germany (BRD=German Abbreviation of FRG=Federal Republic of Germany). He has to collect Wi-Fi symbols and battery power to feed his mobile phone. And the villain ... is not a mad TV-set as back then in the 80's (when TV was the menace to youth) but ... a crazy smartphone!

127 cities to visit, 2 train types to ride, infobooths, your own mobile phone giving away hints where the villain is (provided you have network connection - not always the case in rural areas...)

Stand by more more info on the game which is to be released soon - it's an entry to the ABBUC software contest, therefore I can't release the game yet, but give you some teasers!

And not only the game is to come, but also a collectors edition. Colorful box, disk, printed 4c instruction booklet, ID card, a tiny secret translation booklet (not every agent speaks German...but with this booklet he will be able to play the game), map and possibly more gadgets.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-01 um 20.57.05.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-01 um 20.56.50.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-01 um 20.55.55.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-01 um 20.55.21.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-01 um 20.55.01.png

Edited by FlorianD
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

TELEX (yes, the secret service is on a budget an still has to use old technology) with task order for Agent BRD.

telex.jpg

btw: that's real TELEX paper with 4 carbon copies. had to set my printer to "full force" at the print head setting so the 4th cc came out readable.

Edited by FlorianD
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spancho said:

Can TELEX paper still be bought ?

almost everything is available on ebay!

just bought a spare hinge (new part) for my Samsung C460FW copier,scanner,fax,colorlaserprinter. Only 12EUR. Nw the machine works again like new.

or a new ball bearing for my blender. only 2,80 EUR (that included shipping!)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spancho said:

Can TELEX paper still be bought ?

Just now, FlorianD said:

almost everything is available on ebay!

just bought a spare hinge (new part) for my Samsung C460FW copier,scanner,fax,colorlaserprinter. Only 12EUR. Nw the machine works again like new.

or a new ball bearing for my blender. only 2,80 EUR (that included shipping!)

Speaking of TELEX - I've tried searching for info on a particular number, without any results.  Anyone know of a decent archive of can get any info n the following Telex number (I am guessing from 1980):
Telex: 20-6061 AALCGO

if you wonder: "how can I play a game in German language?!" Don't worry! You are Agent BRD. Or one of his comrades or allied friends. Secret agents have little books with translations. So does Agent BRD!

This tiny book, cleverly disguised as "Cookie receipe book" contains all texts from the game (except the city names) translated to: English, French, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Czech, Spanish)

Sometimes the translation might be a bit rough, but it works. [I only found two helpers who checked the translations for Dutch and Polish]

IMG_2681.jpg

the book is authentic shabby style: rough cardbord back, recycling paper, and written with a typewriter. 7,5cm x 10,5cm, a size easy to hide from curious eyes.

Edited by FlorianD
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, FlorianD said:

if you wonder: "how can I play a game in German language?!" Don't worry! You are Agent BRD. Or one of his comrades or allied friends. Secret agents have little books with translations. So does Agent BRD!

This tiny book, cleverly disguised as "Cookie receipe book" contains all texts from the game (except the city names) translated to: English, French, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Czech, Spanish)

Sometimes the translation might be a bit rough, but it works. [I only found two helpers who checked the translations for Dutch and Polish]

IMG_2681.jpg

the book is authentic shabby style: rough cardbord back, recycling paper, and written with a typewriter. 7,5cm x 10,5cm, a size easy to hide from curious eyes.

I can help with Dutch if needed

On 10/4/2020 at 12:11 PM, FlorianD said:

TELEX (yes, the secret service is on a budget an still has to use old technology) with task order for Agent BRD.

telex.jpg

btw: that's real TELEX paper with 4 carbon copies. had to set my printer to "full force" at the print head setting so the 4th cc came out readable.

My father use to have a Telex Machine in the 80‘s for his office. I believe, it was a Siemens T1000. Quite a beast. I wish, he would still have it. There are many rolls of NOS punched paper tape in his basement though. I am gonna save them, because you never know when you might need them ?

5 hours ago, Lastic said:

I can help with Dutch if needed

thank you for your offer, but Dutch is already completed with the help of a friendly Dutch ATARI fan.

DE, NL, PL, FR: done and completed

Russian is currently being translated

Spanish: request for support sent out

Czech: request for support sent out

for all those English speaking folks who can't wait: here's the TELEX in English.

Please bear in mind I cannot publish the game to wider public before the end of the ABBUC software contest (mid November).

All the ABBUC members should receive (or already have received) a copy of all the contest entries (including mine) with the quarterly magazine.

All the others have to wait. But look at it in a positive way ?! It isn't vaporware, it does exist, and the publishing date is fixed(!).

Agent BRD Telex EN.pdf

• Like 1

Update! Secret service intelligence reports state that I now have support for the following languages (besides the completed DE, NL, PL, FR):

Czech/CZ (complete)

Russian/RU (complete)

Italian/IT (in the making)

Spanish/ES (in the making)

Any other volunteers/languages? There are still some pages left in the booklet!

• Like 4

On 10/7/2020 at 10:33 AM, FlorianD said:

thank you for your offer, but Dutch is already completed with the help of a friendly Dutch ATARI fan.

DE, NL, PL, FR: done and completed

Russian is currently being translated

Spanish: request for support sent out

Czech: request for support sent out

I could give you a hand with Spanish, if you provide me the text in english.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is the download for Agent B.R.D. for all those who didnt recieve it as ABBUC members on the quarterly disk.

The competition is over, Agent B.R.D. made it rank 3! Thank you to all voters supporting my game.

for a translation of the text on the screens visible in the game, please look above in entry #9.

AGENTBRD.atr

Edited by FlorianD
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, snicklin said:

Can I ask if it is possible for an Atari user to be able to travel to Muenchen without an umlaut key for typing the name in correctly? Perhaps there is some way that I didn't realise....

By the way, there is nothing better than a Burger King burger from Munich train station. It's such a shame that Australia clones Burger King with 'Hungry Jacks' and lowers the meat content of their burgers to some really low level and then claims 'The burgers are better at Hungry Jacks'. They are atrocious.

14 minutes ago, snicklin said:

By the way, there is nothing better than a Burger King burger from Munich train station. It's such a shame that Australia clones Burger King with 'Hungry Jacks' and lowers the meat content of their burgers to some really low level and then claims 'The burgers are better at Hungry Jacks'. They are atrocious.

True, you won't ever get better than non-chain burger shops (And there are some amazing ones here) - but at least Hungry Jacks are better than Crapdonalds in that what you order usually arrives in the bag.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 11:30 AM, snicklin said:

Can I ask if it is possible for an Atari user to be able to travel to Muenchen without an umlaut key for typing the name in correctly? Perhaps there is some way that I didn't realise....

just type [CTRL] für "Ü" and CTRL A for Ä and CTRL O for Ö

it says so directly above the line where you enter the destination.