IGNORED

HSC17 Round 18: MINER 2049'er + JSW 2019

4 hours ago, Deteacher said:

Wow!  How did you get 13K in the first 2 stations?  I blazed through it (I thought) and can only get around 8,775.  

Oops it was first three stations, should make it more interesting ;-)

p.s. had 8635 on the two so timer is ok

6 minutes ago, graywest said:

Miner 2049'er: 33,490

Slight improvement - I passed the radioactive waste stage for the first time in my life!! ?

:thumbsup: You'll soon be tanking right through the Zones. Here's one piece of advice - don't stop mid session: I was doing great Zone 4 Station 5? three lives left, went to make a cuppa and then promptly commited BountyBobicide :x 202,415 :D

Bonus Challenge #0 (station's 1-3) 13,795

Argh.jpg.0630ec82322015ac52c725fab57b311b.jpg117340051_BonnusChallenge0.jpg.612d2537dd892e7d7810f2b236006bdd.jpg791874138_Miner202415er.jpg.4bfb3f9cae2ba5e884c0e7fcec70bd36.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/1/2020 at 10:45 PM, therealbountybob said:

#4 come up with an amusing HSC or Atari related verse to Clementine

Here is my first attempt, a crossover between Miner 2049er and Jet Set Willy:

Oh Maria, oh Maria, oh Maria, are you mad?
Me? I'm happy, little tired from the party we just had.

Yes, I'll clean up every item that our dear guests left behind,
then I'll join you in the bedroom, kiss good night and then unwind.

(n.b. I thought Maria was his wife, but apparently she is his housekeeper. Oh well, maybe they're sharing a bed nonetheless)

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Deteacher said:

Miner:  339,045!  Zone 6, Station 3

Miner 339045.png

Holy Mackeral deteacher :-o :thumbsup:

Had a "terrible" 150k in this mornings go, still working out a few things so jumping/falling off mainly on the other teleporters level where I am looking for shortcuts!!

Forgot to say Bonus Challenge #0 should be played as part of normal goes, not just restarting! More fun this way.

Also played JSW, I really do not like the game, how are you meant to do the nightmare room, really, forced a few goes and managed 13 items, though most of them were on the table.

Nice carlsson, first bonus pont in the bag :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

Holy Mackeral deteacher :-o :thumbsup:

Had a "terrible" 150k in this mornings go, still working out a few things so jumping/falling off mainly on the other teleporters level where I am looking for shortcuts!!

Forgot to say Bonus Challenge #0 should be played as part of normal goes, not just restarting! More fun this way.

Also played JSW, I really do not like the game, how are you meant to do the nightmare room, really, forced a few goes and managed 13 items, though most of them were on the table.

Nice carlsson, first bonus pont in the bag :thumbsup:

I'd say the nightmare room is the most difficult, I haven't tried to tackle it this time around. The best route for easy points is out to the 'off licence' via 'the ballroom'.  There are maps online

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 4:05 PM, slx said:

Not my verses but still a good take on Clementine by Tom Lehrer (and if youtube continues to autoplay Tom Lehrer most of his other stuff is great as well as long as you enjoy pitch-black humor).

Thanks for posting this slx, most amusing, just watched it - for some reason I didn't know who he was :ponder:

6 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

Thanks for posting this slx, most amusing, just watched it - for some reason I didn't know who he was :ponder:

I didn't know either until I came across his elements song and a radio feature comparing his "poisoning pigeons" with a similar song of a famous Austrian songwriter. Then I bought his complete works on CD (3 disc album with a lot of doubles) as I admire his wordplay and clever use of musical styles. It's a pity he stopped writing and singing songs long ago. He found that his songs did not help to change the wrongs he sang about and concentrated on his career as a mathematics professor. (For a nice presentation of his songs google "Tom Lehrer Copenhagen".)

• Like 1