IGNORED

Coleco ADAM TMS-RGB Mod Possible?

As I stated in a previous message, your best option right now is to remove the TMS-RGB and BIOS mod and return the system to it’s original state as you received it when purchased. From there, proceed to testing everything in the steps I outlined.

If it doesn’t work, then you probably got a serious issue.

If it works, then that is a good thing and you can then reinstall the different mods you added like the BIOS mod and the TMS-RGB one at a time and test in between.

Edited by NIAD

40 minutes ago, NIAD said:

As I stated in a previous message, your best option right now is to remove the TMS-RGB and BIOS mod and return the system to it’s original state as you received it when purchased. From there, proceed to testing everything in the steps I outlined.

If it doesn’t work, then you probably got a serious issue.

If it works, then that is a good thing and you can then reinstall the different mods you added like the BIOS mod and the TMS-RGB one at a time and test in between.

Ouch, that didn't work after I remove the TMS-RGB.

I am still mad about this issue, so I tried everything.

Edited by Retro_Game_Lover96

3 hours ago, Retro_Game_Lover96 said:

I don’t know what to do.

Maybe it could be the DRAM chips or something. I am not sure.

Unfortunately, if you don't have good testing equipment and knowledge, you may need to send it to someone who has both.  There's only so much we can do with a simple voltmeter, and it would likely take months of back and forth even if we could come up with things to test otherwise.

6 hours ago, ChildOfCv said:

Unfortunately, if you don't have good testing equipment and knowledge, you may need to send it to someone who has both.  There's only so much we can do with a simple voltmeter, and it would likely take months of back and forth even if we could come up with things to test otherwise.

Alright, and I know it sucks.

1 hour ago, Retro_Game_Lover96 said:

eColeco site should have some replacement parts for the ADAM, but some of them aren't pictured.

RIP My ADAM

From the time I got it until it has the black screen problem, but I can't get it fixed. T_T

Check with Jim Walters or William Hicks on the Coleco Adam Facebook group. They probably have extra Adam Logic Boards and CV Delta boards that are known good and could swap them out to narrow down where the problem resides. Much easier than to buy testing equipment and go step by step testing everything based off the info in the Adam Technical Manual.

8 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Ideally you would swap out one board   at a time to narrow down which one has the issue(s) and keep your fingers crossed that both don’t show issues.

William Hicks is a member on here. Send a PM to MilliV.

Who is MilliV?

William Hicks is actually on the Facebook, but I don't have an account.

So MilliV is his Atariage account?

Edited by Retro_Game_Lover96

2 hours ago, NIAD said:

Ideally you would swap out one board   at a time to narrow down which one has the issue(s) and keep your fingers crossed that both don’t show issues.

William Hicks is a member on here. Send a PM to MilliV.

If only I could replace one of the boards to fix that stupid black screen problem or something.

Blindly replacing chips might fix it, but it's not an ideal way.

Like Crossbow says, I don't have actual Adam experience either.  What I'd do is offer to buy it as a non-working unit, then if I can fix it, I'd sell it back at original plus repair price.  That way, even if the repair fails, you're not left empty-handed.

1 minute ago, NIAD said:

Yes, MilliV is William Hicks. You can also contact him via the email address on www.adamarchive.org

Hmmmmm. Okay, I think he has some of the replacement parts for the ADAM to replace.

I think he has some chips to replace for the ADAM Gamma Board (bottom board for the standalone ADAM), so I hope this'll fix the black screen problem.