IGNORED

Official Unofficial Atari 2600 Cartridge Stacking Contest

bluejay

Welcome to the Official Unofficial Atari 2600 Cartridge Stacking Contest!

You must stack as much Atari 2600 cartridges on top of each other as you can. The cartridge may be any Atari 2600 or 7800 cartridge, including those in 3rd party shells. You may not use Nintendo, Colecovision, Atari 5200, C64, or any non-2600 cartridges.

I have successfully stacked 49 2600 cartridges, limited to my collection. I could have stacked two more but I didn't have my copy of Q*bert's Qubes handy, and I forgot about my copy of Frogs and Flies. Anyways, I stacked 49.

By the way, don't forget to post a picture when you're done!

P.S. I know my game corner is a mess. I had just finished doing my research on the number of cartridges that fit inside an Apple //e.

image.jpeg

• Like 8

@JasperAK Yeah, duplicates are okay. It seems that OEM Atari cart cases are slightly taller on one side and they tilt as you stack. Maybe you could alternate the direction(for the lack of a better word) of the carts being stacked. Or you can cheat and use Activision carts that have little rail thingies and stack really well. @Machine Maybe there should be a Jaguar cart stacking contest. It would be pretty interesting to watch. Too bad I don't have any Jaguar stuff :) 

16 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I can see the headline... "Apple destroyed by Atari" -- and history could have been a whole lot different.

Sometimes I think of all the parallel Universes, where people making mobile calls with their Atari phones, playing Apps on their Atari Pads and surfing the internet with their Atari Computer.

Then I almost regret living in this universe.

• 2 weeks later...