IGNORED

Got myself a t-shirt to match my Prototype! (Custom XE styled shirt)

Clark Otodus

I love the design of the XE style machines, so I took it upon myself to design something simple with similar style and colors to this line of Atari computers.

I was thinking of doing one for the 130XE as there's supposedly little to no apparel that was ever made to match this look. I decided to go with one that was made exclusively for my prototype. Only cost $25 with tax too, I'm quite pleased. The font was nearly perfect too, only the 4 doesn't match 100%!

Let me know if you think I should make more designs for the XE and possibly even the ST lines as it seems that only the 400, 800, lynx, jaguar, 2600, 5200, and 7800 ever currently get things made. If I get enough people asking maybe I'll even open up a new thread in the sales forum and sell them? It'd definitely be my first time marketing anything if that's the case! Thanks mom for the idea!

IMG_20201003_041552.jpg

Edited by Clark Otodus
Fixed text errors and whatnot
  • Like 13

Whoops! Messed up the "C" also. Honestly surprised I missed that. Guess that's the problem with "prototypes", lol. (At least I didn't dremel and short it with a paperclip). Jokes aside, only I am to blame for these mistakes as I was uncaringly rushed when designing this) I honestly don't mind though, yet that would definitely be something I fix if I were to get another shirt printed (although that was about a third of my PayPal Ballance being in college still, haha). Another thing is that I added a dithering effect to the text to make it look aged, although the ink I guess was a bit heavy and didn't show up at all on the white or grey. I would also deepen that effect next time as well as I quite liked it while editing. Sadly the place that prints it near me (Think Ink) doesn't seem to have metallic colors, so the grey is the best I can do even though the badge on the system reflects light on those letters/numbers quite a bit. That's my shfeel; Anyone else have critiques?

Edited by Clark Otodus
  • Haha 1

I can see a few people are interested in some 130XE style shirts. I will do my best to start work on some designs this following week, and will take my time to add more detail as well as MUCH higher accuracy. I hope to make some shirt designs of store quality! For now I will work on just these XE systems: 65XE, 130XE, and XEGS. The 65XE and 130XE will have pretty much the same designs, while I may work on a few different ones for the XEGS.

I plan on creating at least two styles for each shirt; one that matches the design of the system (like the shirt I created for my xc1411), as well as a design that matches the boxes these systems were sold in, as well as an extra design or two for the XEGS which I plan to integrate the style and colors of the games and/or their boxes.

If anyone has suggestions, I am open to hear! I do hope to make some profit from this so I want to produce whatever the people want most! Thank you all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Clark Otodus said:

If anyone has suggestions, I am open to hear! I do hope to make some profit from this so I want to produce whatever the people want most! Thank you all!

I am okay with any of the XE series T-shirts.  Query:  will the T-shirts have a pocket.  Long sleeves and short sleeves??

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Roydea6 said:

Query:  will the T-shirts have a pocket.  Long sleeves and short sleeves??

Short sleeves are a definite, and long sleeves will more than likely be an option if I do get to producing anything this season! Truthfully, pockets are unlikely (as well as button up shirts), although I will definitely take them into consideration when I get to designing the shirts! Thank you for the question!

• 4 months later...
On 10/6/2020 at 5:58 PM, orpheuswaking said:

As long as the xe style shirts come in that grey color 

....and that the XEGS shirts come in Navy Blue with that distinctive "XE" logo as that is the official color of that particular system.

Much like the 2600 is red, the 5200 is royal blue and the 7800 was purple (the original box graphic scheme for the 7800 was set to be purple)