IGNORED

Protector Box for Jag CD Unit

JaggingUK

As the price of the Jag CD unit has risen considerably I've been trying to get some plastic protector box type thing for mine but none of the retailers who stock protector boxes for Jag consoles, N64 consoles etc have them as they would probably sell very few but I've found a not too bad alternative that with a little DIY works quite well and is a pretty close fit... Two Funko Pop boxes for product:

https://www.ppjoe.com/collections/sale/products/ppjoe-star-wars-the-last-jedi-rebel-three-pack-pop-protector-rock-solid-funko-vinyl-protection

And with a little bit of alteration it makes not a bad fit as two sides (length and height are near perfect) but they are too thin so with a bit of knife work two boxes can be made into one which gets closer to the width of the Jaguar and with the left over bits from the box you can slot some plastic in either side and then sellotape...Looks great front and back but the sides are a bit less great, but for anyone wanting to plastic seal a Jag CD box the Funko Pop boxes aren't a bad option with a few bits of sellotape - only problem is getting it back out again!

sealedjag3.jpg

sealed jag.jpg

sealedjag2.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I had looked for a box protector for Jag CD for ages and tried all the usual video game console box protector people but they did nothing for Jag CD and had nothing that would fit from their other items like Sega Saturn etc... Oddly enough that company I got the boxes from were based about five miles from where I lived so I was able to go round with the Jag CD and see what they had that might fit - those boxes were the best option we could find among all their stock and they had loads of different size protector boxes... I also took my boxed 1980s Tomy Tron light cycles and found great boxes for them as well as my old boxed Tron electronic games from the 1980s too.

The small warehouse was amazing and full of shelves stacked with masses of every size of flat packed Funko box protectors. It did seem like certain Funko pops that were released (double/triple boxes) were in odd sizes sometime and these guys stored boxes for even the one off size releases which meant they were left with a bit of surplus stock once a Funko had ran its course in terms of sales and that was the case with the boxes I got for the Jaguar CD which were ones they were selling off cheap.

I did ask the companies who do protector boxes for video games consoles if they would do a Jag CD box but they said there would not be enough demand to stock them so it was not worth their while as they needed to buy a set number of a boxes from the suppliers in China for each size they wanted and they would not make their money back on Jag CD console boxes.

On 11/26/2021 at 12:59 AM, CyranoJ said:
On 11/26/2021 at 12:37 AM, JaggingUK said:

It's not like Atari made their money back when they additionally included a unit in the box!  

Atari didn't seem to be in business to make money. They seemed more interested in math or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2