IGNORED

Atari Jaguar/CD combo unit

neo_rg

I've been busy on twitter doing updates about the Atari Jaguar and CD combo unit I've been working on. I thought I'd update people who don't really use Twitter on one of the first major milestone I've reached.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/imgZJH63REHoe4bW6

You can follow the progress on my Twitter feed. 

https://twitter.com/jagfumes?s=09

I'm happy to answer any questions people might have. 

PXL_20201004_135035009.jpg

Edited by neo_rg
Photo
  • Like 20

That’s truly amazing, how did you make the jag cd board fit? I can’t imagine there’s a lot of space in there. 

Also, are you making the cd tray spring loaded or something like that or are you keeping the original mechanism?

3 minutes ago, neo_rg said:

Space inside is very tight, had to remove a cart connector and replace with a riser card. It will retain the original lid mechanism and lift cutout. 

Fascinating, can’t wait to see the final product. 

• Like 1

I don't want to ruin the thread with random pics, all the progress pics are on twitter, with loads more on the phone that I've not bothered to upload. I just want to make it easy for people to follow the process of doing it and maybe if they are crazy enough do it themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The idea wasn't mine, there has been a mock up of something along these lines from years ago. It was never shown working as far as I know, only a couple of pictures of it from a couple of angles. It never had a lid open button so I've no idea how that would have worked. 

14 hours ago, cubanismo said:

I like the impressive wall of parts in the background.  I don't have a tenth of that stock myself, and it's all intermixed and shoved in various unlabeled DigiKey shipping boxes for the most part.

That is just a small bit of all the stuff I have that's being worked on. I'm always adding components and spare parts to the ever increasing number of storage box units I have. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

When it's all finished I'll invest in one of those display turntables, I can see it now. My mate Dave doing overtime on his vaping cigarette because we couldn't find a smoke machine. Me in the background flicking the light on and off rapidly as I broke my strobe light back in the 90's. Cue the dramatic music .... You get the idea, it'll be a big reveal. Better than the one for the Tesla cybertruck.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2