IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2020 thread

CaptainBreakout

1 hour ago, eightbit said:

I think we all deserve (and need) an explosive turnout this year. Come on folks, join in on this. I have participated in multiple SS events on AtariAge over the years and each were just a fantastic time ;)

Well, all can feel free to put the word out in your favorite active thread(s)  -we've only got a week left for sign-ups!

Whoever's in will really see how awesome this is. I mean, you get to find games/toys/treats for another enthusiast... and someone else does the same for you.

It's not multi-level-marketing.  It's just kinda Pure Awesome Community Gift-Giving.  (PACGG, to coin an acronym)

• Like 7

Drilling down, here's S'More...

Edward Scissor Hands

Hudsucker Proxy, The

Hugo

Ok, maybe not the last two explicitly, but if I remember correctly, they have AMAZING snow scenes (and cinematography in general).  Also there are heavy over-the-top clockwork sets. They are awesome and remind me of "The Night Before Christmas". No, not the jaw-dropping Tim Burton film with the similar name... I mean the increasingly obscure Rankin/Bass TV special with art by legendary Paul Coker Jr. -I always like this one when it was on Xmas rotation in the 80's, although I'll never figure out what was up with the clean-shaven Santa.

Also toys feature in the themes of the last two, like in a really cool way.

• Like 3

On 10/4/2020 at 10:30 PM, CaptainBreakout said:

For international packages, we recommend you ship by mid-November (no later than the week prior to Thanksgiving in the US)

I just read a quote from UK Royal Mail and other delivery companies that right now, with new forms of lockdowns in order, their situation already is "worse than Christmas". I wonder what that will mean one month from now, and can't stress enough that we should really stick to the recommended shipping dates to ensure that Secret Santa participants get their packages somewhat in time.

(Ok, I already know that Amazon non-Prime shipping can take weeks and months even in low season but that is another story)

• Like 3

You can count me in this year!  I missed the last 2 years but loved being in the Secret Santa for the years before!

It just dawned that maybe putting our wishlist out might be helpful to others getting ideas or wanting to thin out their doubles that might be on your list.

I use RF Generation..

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=imstarryeyed&folder=Wishlist&type=

I would love to see others wish lists as I have lots of games that I may want to give to someone who is looking for one in their wishlist.

Just a suggestion I thought might be helpful.

Edited by imstarryeyed
  • Like 8

On 10/21/2020 at 11:11 PM, imstarryeyed said:

It just dawned that maybe putting our wishlist out might be helpful to others getting ideas or wanting to thin out their doubles that might be on your list.

I use RF Generation..

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=imstarryeyed&folder=Wishlist&type=

I would love to see others wish lists as I have lots of games that I may want to give to someone who is looking for one in their wishlist.

Just a suggestion I thought might be helpful.

I think that's a great idea! I currently use an app on my phone to keep track of my collection, but I should probably put it out on the web as well.

• Like 2

Don't hate me. I just posted this on reddit the other day. Being a "non-collector yet avid gamer" doesn't make SS easier but it makes my life easier. ;) I JUST finished the Gamecube modification an hour ago (though I still need an SD2SP2 board for now).

Today I keep my collection simple. I have one console, one loader solution and controllers where possible. I am also updating where I can to HDMI solutions for "future-proofing". Usually this is a simple HDMI cable like the "Pound HDMI Link cable for Dreamcast"... though I still have a Sony 20" tube tv connected to some of the classics.

• Atari 2600 is a Retron 77 with the Stella 6 upgraded firmware

• Intellivision II console with a Voice module and LTO Flash cartridge

• Panasonic 3DO console with an MNEMO USB board

• Nintendo Entertainment System is a RetroUSB AVS console with an Everdrive N8 cartridge

• Super Nintendo Entertainment System is a Pound Challenger console with a Super Everdrive cartridge

• Nintendo 64 console with an Everdrive 64 v2.5 cartridge

• Nintendo Gamecube system with a GC Loader board and a Gameboy player with an Everdrive X5 cartridge (GB/GBC/GBA games)

• Sega Genesis model 2 console with an Everdrive MD cartridge

• Sega Saturn console with a TerraOnion MODE board

• Sega Dreamcast console with a GDEMU board

• Sony Playstation console with a PSIO loader

• Sony Playstation 2 console with Free McBoot and a 500gb SATA SSD

• Microsoft XBox console with CoinOPS 8

• Sony Playstation Portable with CFW

• Sony Playstation Vita with CFW

• Nintendo DS Lite with an R4 SDHC cartridge (DS games) and an EZ Flash IV cartridge for GB/GBC/GBA games

I have an XBox 360, XBox One, Playstation 3, Playstation 4 and a Switch with physical games but I'm sure in the future they will get modified as well.

I also have an X-Arcade cabinet with a Tankstick and a fully loaded gaming pc inside for MAME and emulation that gets use at least 1-2 times a week. This also has USB adapters so I can use real controllers on emulators.

Edited by ClassicGMR
I even pasted the spelling error!! LOL
  • Like 2

We've started sending out Secret Santa info!

CaptainBreakout and I have each taken responsibility for half the list, so if you have any questions, please go back to the person from whom you received your Secret Santa assignment. I don't know the assignments from CaptainBreakout's half of the list, and he doesn't know mine (that way, our own Secret Santas remain secret :) ).

Let the fun begin!

• Like 5