IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2020 thread

CaptainBreakout

20 hours ago, SoulBlazer said:

Well, it's not just the package that was sent to my Secret Santa that seems lost somewhere....the package for me was supposed to come today but it's also not giving any updates.  Both just say 'late and on it's way to it's next destination.'

Anyone else seeing their boxes stuck in la-la land?

The post office is REALLY bad this year!

The one for me has been stalled in my own city since the 7th, but finally was updated today that it should be here tomorrow.

• Like 1

I'm very glad everyone is having a great time (I certainly am), I don't want to put a damper on any spirits, but...

We may have need for some Rescue Reindeer this year.  It's not entirely clear if this will be necessary yet, but I'll keep us all posted. 

Anyone who wants to volunteer to be a Rescue Reindeer, please PM me or @chicgamer  (I know some participants expressed interest in their letters, and that is appreciated, just please reconfirm if you are still interested).

It is unclear if we'll need to call upon the Rescue Reindeer at this time, but as things unfold I will update as soon as I know.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I have finished this year's gingerbread!

20201211_151247.thumb.jpg.6c8567a27fbb460e98401c6a4165b171.jpg

They're based on the 'Man Family' created by Youtuber Graystillplays for his Sims 4 series. It's basically just 'here's a crazy way to kill sims, let's see who lives the longest!'. With a healthy dose of tongue-in-cheek juvenile humor, especially in the character names. These guys are Florida Man, Australian Man, Ellis Dee & Bab Ross. The cats are Spleens & Tonsils, and the thing at the bottom is a FULL LIQUOR BAR! My black frosting apparently liquefied this year, hence Florida Man's black eye!

Here's a video link if anyone wants to see where these are from: 

2 hours ago, Albert said:

I can help if necessary.

..Al

THE ULTIMATE RESCUE REINDEER!

• Like 7

Looks like my package finally got delivered to my Secret Santa today.  A trip that was supposed to take 2 days ended up taking 8.  Thanks, USPS!  Nice of you to charge me Priorty shipping for something that went by third class!

As for mine, I know it's in CT.  Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or Monday.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, SoulBlazer said:

As for mine, I know it's in CT.  Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or Monday.

Back in May I had bought a Switch that was shipped from Vermont to here. Somehow it ended up vacationing in North Carolina for a week before they sent it back this way - and that was after I asked about it. Don't hold your breath just yet! ?

• Like 1

WHERE'S MY LOOT?!?!!!!!

and WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME LACK OF PARTICIPATING SOMEHOW PREVENTS ME FROM GETTING LOOT?!?!?!!!!

If anyone wants to do a last minute swap, let me know and I'll get in on the action! For everyone that was smart and got in on time.....ENJOY! Secret Santa is always a blast here.

Edit: Admittedly with 10 days remaining it's a bit hard to get stuff, then collate and send to a swap partner. So if anyone wants to do a JANUARYMAS swap I'm keen!

• Like 1

... and speaking of

One last call for Rescue Reindeer.  We're likely going to begin the operation tomorrow.

(PM me or @chicgamer if interested. Just for clarification, this doesn't have to be a full Secret Santa package, a nice item or a few stocking stuffers will do.)

Reindeer.thumb.jpg.e23f2be12c6113cde5e26ec101d086db.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/8/2020 at 8:48 PM, Dr Moocowz said:

Short version:

Opening package live on Twitch on Monday, December 14th @ 6 PM Eastern Time !!

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/drmoocowz

Long version:

I feel I've exercised enough patience (more than last year!) and it'll officially be at 3 weeks + 2 days since the package arrived and when I open it on Dec 14th. I'm definitely more in the boat of "open it now so you can enjoy it sooner" side of the argument. I'll make sure addresses are peeled off the box before putting it on camera. I won't waste too much time and will do it right at the beginning of the stream. I would love for people to be there for it and maybe hang out after the package is opened, too. :) I'll do a "bump" as a reminder when we get closer.

For those who can't/don't want to be there, I'll post a video clip and photos after it's done.

Excited!

Today is the big day! (in roughly 6 hours from this post!) I will do my best to not waste too much time at the beginning of the stream to open the gift! I'll be playing some random 2600/7800 games after the gift opening, starting with Toyshop Trouble.

I'm hopeful I'll see some of you there and appreciate anyone hanging out after the gift opening! I'll still make a video for those who can't/don't want to be there, as well as some regular photos.

Should be fun!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Dr Moocowz said:

Today is the big day! (in roughly 6 hours from this post!) I will do my best to not waste too much time at the beginning of the stream to open the gift!

Sweet !  I'm looking forward to this. Ill be at work tho, but I'll catch the replay and photos as soon as it's posted.

• Like 5

So, as people are opening... I gave in...

Open the box....
image.thumb.png.4cc0d9fde0ff3e8a7eed90cc0401e740.png

This will be fun!
image.thumb.png.00c07f577ce18d3012c206be0fdb612d.png

A not so secret Santa.  Tom, for what we are about to look at, thank you so much!

Let's empty this out...
image.thumb.png.883cdc996c79e814831f87bc333070cf.png

Also inside the box we find...
image.thumb.png.9fefe0b65718ee94ccf49e40f1114085.png

image.thumb.png.3523e442b098db1cced60287a966f543.png

A really nice T-Shirt and a nice warm long-sleeve (Which will be really handy, in Winter here in Oz it gets freaking COLD!)
If we were done at this point I'd be more than happy, but no....

image.thumb.png.b350a88922e3e7684953d6a3f61b7460.png

Jaguar pens, a Jaguar coin...

image.thumb.png.cb5f46715c8b1ee5f61907b6bac4eed0.png

Keyrings and a pin!

image.thumb.png.30ccaf7e2a4a738017ccaa7712a1d30f.png

Lynx notebook....

image.thumb.png.9d127a745082fd39c98a444c74059d29.png

Jaguar notebook.....

image.thumb.png.dac40e5e0badac6d4edc2e2ff662eaab.png

image.thumb.png.c79959b1f4e57d4279fb30bb9d3c2e45.png

Atari folder with some Jaguar comics! Stickers and some other vynil Jaguar logos....

At this point, I'm feeling overwhelmed... but then we find this....

image.thumb.png.9d0a174a77c3c04880211c04142b7da2.png

Emptying this out.....

image.thumb.png.2b7bd729e4ddb78576c88249dd727f2e.pngimage.thumb.png.df52b5aecba467dd72c769b2c9490aaa.pngimage.thumb.png.32aae36295f8fe3551831510293263d1.png

image.thumb.png.d803670739d93e5c2dbc95bb661a4e0f.png

image.thumb.png.33738385bb47f61c2fa25edc7c4e33ea.png

Dust covers... DOOM shotglasses! A rather excellent Jaguar watch, some Jaguar and Lynx hats... patches....

image.thumb.png.03b328b63028dbe68be56e223ba0948a.png

And a bunch of other small goodies far too much to list.

image.thumb.png.80582418a4357cc128b4038350befd9b.png

I don't know what to say...  Tom, THANK YOU.  I'm speechless about this and your generosity.

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU again.  It has been a pretty rough year (I'm sure for everyone) - this... really helped more than you'll know.

Merry Xmas to all! .. and now to watch the rest of the un-boxings with a tear in my eye.  Count me in for next year.

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

So, as people are opening... I gave in...

Open the box....
I don't know what to say...  Tom, THANK YOU.  I'm speechless about this and your generosity.

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU again.  It has been a pretty rough year (I'm sure for everyone) - this... really helped more than you'll know.

Merry Xmas to all! .. and now to watch the rest of the un-boxings with a tear in my eye.  Count me in for next year.

Wow! That is amazing!!! You were VERY VERY good this year!!

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Dr Moocowz said:

Today is the big day! (in roughly 6 hours from this post!) I will do my best to not waste too much time at the beginning of the stream to open the gift! I'll be playing some random 2600/7800 games after the gift opening, starting with Toyshop Trouble.

I'm hopeful I'll see some of you there and appreciate anyone hanging out after the gift opening! I'll still make a video for those who can't/don't want to be there, as well as some regular photos.

Should be fun!

I didn't get to watch this live, but I just watched the recording of the unboxing. You got some great stuff!

I also love seeing all the cool stuff CJ got. So much Jaggy goodness!

• Like 6

Thanks so much to everyone who joined me this evening! It was a lot of fun! And of course, thank you so much Santa! I'm very happy with the loot! The shirt and trivia will be put to immediate use on my stream, in fact one question was used right as it was unboxed! ?

Text version of the loot:

• A nice greeting card
  • Storm Trooper and Boba Fett pencil topper (and eraser maybe? Probably won't use it as an eraser :) )
  • Movie Quiz trivia cards
  • Rebooteroids for the Atari Jaguar (sorry Santa, I'll try to track down a Jaguar so I can play this! One of a the few systems I don't own ?)
  • A copy of Starcastle for the 2600 from AtariAge (CIB with manual, poster, and a cutout arcade cabinet display!)
  • An awesome PlayStation t-shirt

Condensed version of the live video (aka a "Highlight"), since the full stream will disappear in 14 days:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/837892279

Photos for your viewing pleasure:

atariAgeSecretSanta2020-1.jpg

atariAgeSecretSanta2020-2.jpg

atariAgeSecretSanta2020-3.jpg

atariAgeSecretSanta2020-4.jpg

atariAgeSecretSanta2020-5.jpg

atariAgeSecretSanta2020-6.jpg

atariAgeSecretSanta2020-7.jpg

• Like 10