IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2020 thread

CaptainBreakout

Lately I've read about severe shipping delays, capacity shortage, much more expensive shipping and that stores must carefully select which goods to purchase in order to fill fewer containers than they normally would. It is said this could cause issues for the Christmas shopping, at least over here. Are you hearing about similar issues or is pretty much most things sold e.g. in the USA also manufactured there so you don't import a lot?

With this factor in hand, it might make it even more relevant to start the first phase of the Secret Santa soon enough, if those who not already have warehouses full of items to pick from should get a chance to shop around and get the gifts arrived in time.

• Like 2

I got an email from openprints.com - a printer I ordered from earlier this year - and they stated the same kind of thing. They're running their Christmas Sale now because in October shipping companies are going to be charging premiums for larger packages through the holidays. USPS example.

But this year, I'm making sure to order anything large or heavy in September.  Because the shipping companies are adding a "peak" fee to all big boxes starting on October 4th.   

So at OpenPrints, we are running the holiday specials on big prints in September instead of December.

And here is this weeks deal... yada yada yada

• Like 2

3 hours ago, carlsson said:

Lately I've read about severe shipping delays, capacity shortage, much more expensive shipping and that stores must carefully select which goods to purchase in order to fill fewer containers than they normally would. It is said this could cause issues for the Christmas shopping, at least over here. Are you hearing about similar issues or is pretty much most things sold e.g. in the USA also manufactured there so you don't import a lot?

With this factor in hand, it might make it even more relevant to start the first phase of the Secret Santa soon enough, if those who not already have warehouses full of items to pick from should get a chance to shop around and get the gifts arrived in time.

TBH, I think there should probably be a "USA", and an "International" Secret Santa.

At least based on my experience last year, shipping costs from someone overseas can be way, way more than the cost of the contents of the package itself...

:(

• Like 1

Previously it has been optional if you want to ship internationally. For someone like me it doesn't matter since shipping within the EU costs about as much as shipping overseas due to the later is VAT free. Sure if I had any AA compatriot within the country it would be much less but I don't count on that.

Regardless it might be a good reason to start the SS ASAP even if it only is mid September.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, chicgamer said:

@cvga, I just tried to send you message, but it wouldn't go through (it said that you can't receive messages). Maybe your inbox is full?

Anyway, please let us know in the 2021 thread if you still want to participate (that goes for anyone else who hasn't expressed interest there yet as well).

Thank you! I do want in and my inbox is full (I need to subscribe again). I replied to other thread. Thanks for thinking about me!!!!

• Like 2