IGNORED

More Free Byte Magazines!

StickJock

I previously gave away some Bytes that I found (May 1985 - December 1985).  Well, I just came across a big box of even more Byte Magazines!  Thirty more issues!  Same deal as before.  You pay shipping and you get a big box of Bytes!

Here's what I've got:

Nov 1982 - Dec 1982 (Vol 7 No 11-12)

Jan 1983 - Nov 1983 (Vol 8 No 1-11)

Mar 1984 - Dec 1984 (Vol 9 No 1-13 - Includes Special IBM Issue, Vol 9 No 9)

Jan 1985 - Apr 1985 (Vol 10 No 1-4)

I also have duplicates of Nov 1982, Jan 1985, Feb 1985.

Great nostalgia here.  Also, you could start a new game, like Magic: The Gathering, but using Bytes instead of cards!

I'm packing for a move, so I didn't have time to scan the Table of Contents for any Atari relevant articles, but this is prime Atari time, so I am sure that there are some in there.

Anyway, these are free for the taking!  Local pickup would be a bonus, but I will stick them in a box and ship them to you.   It may be cheaper to stick them in two or three flat rate boxes.  As discussed in the previous thread, I don't think that these qualify for media mail.

20201006_093625[1].jpg

3 minutes ago, StickJock said:

Anyway, these are free for the taking!  Local pickup would be a bonus, but I will stick them in a box and ship them to you.   It may be cheaper to stick them in two or three flat rate boxes.  As discussed in the previous thread, I don't think that these qualify for media mail.

They don't. Anything with any sort of advertising, regardless of how old, does not qualify for Media Mail. Some post offices probably wouldn't care. You could likely take a box in, all sealed and ready to go and they wouldn't question you. I've actually had Media Mail shipments inspected beforehand though, just to make certain they qualified.

If I were single, on my own, I'd take them lock & stock.  I still have ALL the issues of Antic, some ANALOGs, Atari Explorer, Page 6s, Compute, etc.  If I were to take these, she'd divorce me.  No room in the Inn, unfortunately.   I can't believe a new-to-Atari user would not give these a decent home.  They deserve a home.  Come on, folks.  The "lil' puppies" need a good home.  Won't you be a compassionate computer magazine keeper?

• Like 1

They have been in a cardboard box since at least 1990, when I moved from Texas to California.  They have been stored indoors, in a closet, so they don't have any mold or anything that I can tell.  I took them out of the box to take the pictures, and then put them back into the box.

I am in Fremont, CA 94536.

• 6 months later...

So I am back in CA where these Byte magazines are, and they are still available.  I can ship them, or meet you in the Bay Area *this week* to deliver them.

I am moving another load of my stuff to TX (near Huntsville), so if anyone in that area would like them, I can throw them on the truck and move them back to Texas where I moved them from in the first place.

Or, I can mail the box of them (48 lbs) anywhere you like (you pay shipping).

22 minutes ago, StickJock said:

So I am back in CA where these Byte magazines are, and they are still available.  I can ship them, or meet you in the Bay Area *this week* to deliver them.

I am moving another load of my stuff to TX (near Huntsville), so if anyone in that area would like them, I can throw them on the truck and move them back to Texas where I moved them from in the first place.

Or, I can mail the box of them (48 lbs) anywhere you like (you pay shipping).

Sending you a message.

John