IGNORED

The Non-FG99 thread! ;)

Omega-TI

The FinalGROM 99 has taken the TI-world by storm, but many people who own them still have and use "legacy cartridges", or UberGROM's for some things... like secondary systems.

Right now in my TI hobby, I'm like the car guy who has fixed up one hot rod and cannot do much more to it, so he turns his eye to another vehicle to restore or "gussy up".  In my case, I've decided to "go beige"... but with some class.  While I'm still waiting on the matching sidecars from @wierd_w, I was very happy to obtain some matching beige cartridge shells from @OLD CS1.  But like any car nut, every build needs "something extra" to class it up and set it apart from every other setup out there.  @Tursi came to my rescue with a semi-opaque ice blue 3D printed cartridge shell to match my blue labeled "Rasmus 8-N-1 Arcade" cartridge.  I think it looks pretty good in a beige cartridge slot if I do say so myself!

638863585_IceBlueCartridge.thumb.JPG.27b1286368aaccf749140bab9046c994.JPG

• Like 2

Well, it would make a nice Finalgom99 shell. ;-)

Only other physical cart i use is a TI XB cart on my spare TI... Probably need to go buy a second Finalgrom99 for it and be done with it.... And a second Tipi... And a second Pi.

Or, wait for the SDD99.

Wait, would it be possible to hook one Pi up to two different Tipi's?

I would not be using both TI's at the same time, but if it was possible it would spare a little cash, and not need to move the Pi between setups.

Edited by jrhodes
  • Like 2

I have a working engineering sample of the "With Door" top now. :)

It does need some revision; the porch is a bit thin, and it prints a little ugly. (I think there is too much gap to properly cast the first web of the bridging for the porch...)  but the door opens, and the support material comes out! WHEE!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jrhodes said:

Wait, would it be possible to hook one Pi up to two different Tipi's?

I would not be using both TI's at the same time, but if it was possible it would spare a little cash, and not need to move the Pi between setups.

You can switch the same pi between two tipi's.. just plug into the one you are using. 

22 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

You can switch the same pi between two tipi's.. just plug into the one you are using. 

I ran into that situation myself, and figured it would be much, much, much easier to forget about saving a couple of bucks and simply swap one SD card between two TIPI's.  Getting the TIPI out of the P-Box is a monumental chore, so, my solution was...

SD.thumb.JPG.9ef8cd3d233431769477abefe4fd2027.JPG

• Like 2

(Still thinks that having a shared mount with NFS over a NAS is the way to go. Define it in /etc/fstab so it gets mounted very early in the boot process, before the TIPI daemons run. Then your disk images are all natively on the NAS rather than on the SDCard in the TIPI, and your configuration data is conserved too.  Clever use of ssh at the NAS would let you use symbolic links with several discrete shares set up for different TIPIs, so that the same disk images are natively available to all TIPIs in the constellation, while retaining unique configuration folder structures, etc..)