ElectricLab

TI 771 Intelligent Terminal

Does anyone else out there have one of these? I just got one, and am cleaning it up, dumping ROMs, and going to replace caps before firing it up.

I have a lead on the 8" floppy drive that goes with it, but no software is available.

IMG_3906.JPG

IMG_3907.JPG

IMG_3908.JPG

IMG_3909.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ElectricLab said:

Does anyone else out there have one of these? I just got one, and am cleaning it up, dumping ROMs, and going to replace caps before firing it up.

I have a lead on the 8" floppy drive that goes with it, but no software is available.

IMG_3906.JPG

IMG_3907.JPG

IMG_3908.JPG

IMG_3909.JPG

I used to have one in the early to mid ninties, but it didn't work and I still have some of the cards that fit inside.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RickyDean said:

I used to have one in the early to mid ninties, but it didn't work and I still have some of the cards that fit inside.

I still don't know how much work it'll be to get this one going, but I'm going to give it a good try!

• Like 2

I finally get her cleaned up enough to try to power up, to test the power supply first. I discovered that I have no -5v, so something is amiss with the 5v regulator card. Other voltages are spot-on. I did notice the CRT flash on and off too, so that was a good sign. One of the caps on the 5v board looks different, like it's been replaced before. It's a 4-terminal 14000uF monster and it doesn't look like it burst like some later electrolytics do when they fail. It looks pitted and discolored on the aluminum surface. I will take it out and see what the cap meter says.

IMG_3980.jpeg

Edited by ElectricLab
Added pic