IGNORED

Putting together a ZIP of useful tools to put on a #FujiNet SD card, wanna help?

ICE-T, BobTerm and PLATOTerm are the most popular files on my tnfs server so far by quite some margin.

I'd also put a DOS2.5 with all drives enabled and the FNtools on it, a MyDOS 4.53/4 set up the same, Commbat, MIDIMaze, All the test suite files

Hello guys

4 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

... a MyDOS 4.35/4 ...

I guess that's a typo and it's meant to read 4.53/4.  Forget 4.53/x, try 4.55 beta 4.  It can be set to a minimum of either 3 or 4 numbers in the sector count.

Sincerely

Mathy

34 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Hello guys

I guess that's a typo and it's meant to read 4.53/4.  Forget 4.53/x, try 4.55 beta 4.  It can be set to a minimum of either 3 or 4 numbers in the sector count.

Sincerely

Mathy

Yes that was a typo. I tried 4.55b4, couldn't get it to do the AR0 AR1 thing at all, fell back to 4.53/4 which worked fine.

Okay, so I've put everything into a github repo:

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-sd-card

And have cut an appropriate release:

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-sd-card/releases/tag/sd-card-2020-10-08

Of special note, is the DOS folder, which contains lots of different FMSes, each with a copy of fnc-tools ready for use.

fujinet-sd-card-sd-card-2020-10-08.zip fujinet-sd-card-sd-card-2020-10-08.tar.gz

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

received my Fujinet just this week. What an amazing device! great job, @tschak909 and the rest of the team. Been playing with FJ and so far I am very happy about it despite few issues. I understand many features are still in development, so no biggie. Few suggestions for files to be put on SD card:

- SECTCOPY.ATR - selection of few good sector copiers, my favourite being Copy2000 (supports 360k disks on XF551 and can copy/format flawlessly atr's via SIO2SD device)

HTML13.ZIP - simple html viewer/converter I wrote some 20 years ago (html was way simpler back then, haha). It's not the fastest viewer (no read/write buffer) but did the job back then. There is also a doc file attached.

Marek

SECTCOPY.ATR html13.zip

• Like 1

you are very welcome! maybe just extract .com and .doc and put it in a dos atr bundle of your choice. html viewer was not written for command line DOSes though, but should work in SpartaDos (I am huge fan of SDX nowadays). Been using BiboDos 6.4F for many years as it was very popular in Europe (also supported XF551 drive/DSDD disks). Maybe I will rewrite HTML viewer/converter to run as command line tool and make it faster. btw, It had built-in support for 80 columns by Itay which was very nice feature.

Will check out the bug reporting thread for sure. thanks!

Edited by mchorvat

I would really appreciate the latest Terminal emulators in the project. I've just spent the last hour trying to find the latest Bobterm, platoterm and ice-t xex's / atrs.

I don't think the latest versions are always uploaded to the original thread they originally are mentioned in, and often updates are on a page half way through the entire thread thus requiring to trawl through many pages of forum updates to see if there's a latest beta version/alpha version etc, and it's ummm time consuming.

I do wish the (what seem to be) 3 core apps (Bobterm/platoterm/ice-t) had modern day github/gitlab release pages, but sadly not. (Willing to be proved wrong!)

This project could be a very good place to have the latest all kept up to date with PRs as changes are made, and keeping people (like poor me who is new to all this) from having to search and filter the latest.

EDIT:

just found:

https://github.com/tschak909/platoterm-atari-cart/releases/tag/PLATOTERM-ATARI-LITE-1.3

Thanks!

Edited by fenrock

It's all good, am here to help. 

Before I do mention anything, this is sort of the point of FujiNet, so you don't have to keep multiple copies of things, you can just stream them off the network, to the Atari there is no difference. So just boot it off there.

with that said: 

There is the beginning of a TNFS client, written in python, if you have a python environment installed:

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/spectranet-tnfs-fuse

Your observations really are indicative of the fact that there is TONS of activity around this project, things are evolving. We will get everything organized eventually. 

-Thom

thanks! i do have a good dev env, so will that running tomorrow (it's my wedding anniversary, and my wife's giving me daggers).

Completely understand that you want to keep it in the network so we don't have to worry about versions (etc), and I agree... except when the site you rely on is down.

I'll give a more rounded report on my experience, but to start with I'm blown away with how much fun this is.

Zaxon pre-configured (or maybe it's in the base unit) some sites for me, so i was completely ready to go, read a couple of web pages on basic setup, all went well from the off.

I'm in love with this thing, and as a programmer, can't wait to write some apps that use it.

7 minutes ago, fenrock said:

thanks! i do have a good dev env, so will that running tomorrow (it's my wedding anniversary, and my wife's giving me daggers).

Completely understand that you want to keep it in the network so we don't have to worry about versions (etc), and I agree... except when the site you rely on is down.

I'll give a more rounded report on my experience, but to start with I'm blown away with how much fun this is.

Zaxon pre-configured (or maybe it's in the base unit) some sites for me, so i was completely ready to go, read a couple of web pages on basic setup, all went well from the off.

I'm in love with this thing, and as a programmer, can't wait to write some apps that use it.

Here's a wiki page describing a netcat app, plan is to add a version for every major atari language as a rosetta stone:

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki/A-Simple-NetCat-Program

-Thom

• Like 1