jerseystyle

Started 14 day quarantine- what retro system would y’all have?

Posted (edited)

So I made it back to Canada from Sweden and am doing a 14 day quarantine in a rather nice room. I can’t leave the room but have tv and internets, plus can get groceries/packages delivered. I have my PS4, and I’m thinking of getting an Evercade. What would y’all pack for a quarantine? 

Edited by jerseystyle

I invested a couple hundred dollars and bought a modded original Xbox with all of the games installed on the 2tb hard drive, along with over 900 roms for every system from the Atari 2600 to Commodore 64 to arcade roms.

Yeah, I love it !!!

Ashley modded Xbox 5.JPG

XBOX MODDING 3.JPG

XBOX MODDING 4.JPG

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Do I really only get one? Cuz I'm genuinely thinking 3: Switch, PS4, & Wii.

The Switch is for Animal Crossing- having a set of daily tasks to perform would be good for mental health.

Wii is for Wii sports, to provide exercise in a small space.

PS4 so I can keep making my way through the Yakuza franchise 😁

Of course, this isn't set in stone- you could drop the Wii & just bring Ring Fit. Or drop the Switch in favor of any kind of daily grind game- the important thing is the real-time clock, so you have something to set a routine around. And if I wasn't gung-ho on Yakuza right now, you could swap in most anything else (like maybe I'd grab my Genesis & play through the Thunder Force & Sonic games.)

For sanity sake though, 'chores' & exercise seem important. Also, get the Evercade, it's a nice lil' system!

Edited by HoshiChiri

If you are asking for what retro console you should buy, it depends what you like. But without any such information, I would recommend a Sega Genesis Mini. It is cheap and has 42 games. Most or all of which are good.

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

Can I ask what city you're in.  Who's paying for the hotel?

I’m in Vancouver and I’m paying for it, but the hotel has a reduced 14 day quarantine rate. I’m not allowed to quarantine at home because we have some high risk people in our household.

• Thanks 1