IGNORED

Biscuits in Hell

playsoft

This is the 5200 build of the game published in issue 141 of ABBUC magazine. Thanks to Darryl and Jaden for all their help and Dave Hughes who wrote the original ZX Spectrum version.

Here is a video of it running on the A8, the 5200 is identical except it doesn't have the loading or credits screen.

https://youtu.be/9p1SPeNkQso

instructions.txt biscuits5200_32K.bin

• Like 11

On 10/8/2020 at 5:47 AM, playsoft said:

This is the 5200 build of the game published in issue 141 of ABBUC magazine. Thanks to Darryl and Jaden for all their help and Dave Hughes who wrote the original ZX Spectrum version.

Here is a video of it running on the A8, the 5200 is identical except it doesn't have the loading or credits screen.

instructions.txt 1.73 kB · 10 downloads biscuits5200_32K.bin 32 kB · 22 downloads

Thanks to everyone involved! Game plays/sounds really nice on the 5200. Thank also for including the instructions, added them and the ROM to my AtariMax cart.

• Like 1

I took a look at the clip and found it impressive and since I am a @playsoft fan and supporter I downloaded it (Cindy Margolis taught us all how to download back in the 90s!!! :)) and I look forward to playing it and reviewing it on The Atari Report!!! Watch for it soon!!!

Edited by BIGHMW

Any chance of having the original A8 8-bit version as well, as I will be announcing in a few weeks I will be launching both the 7800 and 8-bit Editions of The Atari Report in January as well as a new way of presenting actual gameplay as well as my famous during-in-game commentary in order to jack up the subscription ratings and also so I'll have more games for more systems to review for all of you loyal fans!!!

I already downloaded both the entire 7800 (.a78 files) and 8-bit (.xex files) library of titles and will also be getting both a 7800 in an XEGS as well to joing both my 5200 and the 2600 adapter as I will soon be ditching the FB9 and use a Harmony Encore for the 2600 adapter instead staring in January to go with my Atarimax 5200 multicart I currently own and also pick up the XE multicart from The Brewing Academy (https://thebrewingacademy.com/collections/atari-800-xl-xe-xel-xld/products/atari-800-xl-xe-ultimate-sd-cart) and also the all-new Concerto multicart for the 7800 (read about the latest right here!!! 

once it's finished!!!) I will also be buying SD cards for both of those multicarts as well and will hopefully be ready for my all-new format by the new year!!!

Edited by BIGHMW

@playsoft Thank you for converting this game and for making it freely available. I had never heard of it! I am playing it on my 5200 now, and it is totally awesome. I am super impressed with the POKEY music and excellent game mechanics. This is the kind of game that should have been marketed in the 5200’s (brief) heyday. Loving it. 

Fans, if you have an Atarimax cart, give it a spin!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

Any chance of having the original A8 8-bit version as well, as I will be announcing in a few weeks I will be launching both the 7800 and 8-bit Editions of The Atari Report in January as well as a new way of presenting actual gameplay as well as my famous during-in-game commentary in order to jack up the subscription ratings and also so I'll have more games for more systems to review for all of you loyal fans!!!

It was written specifically for ABBUC with the plan that it was made available to club members in issue 141, then made public on their website once issue 142 was published. I've just received issue 142, so when I find where it is on their website I will post a link. I think it would be nice if it was only downloadable from their website and not posted here or elsewhere, since they will get more footfall which might generate more interest in the club. 

Edited by playsoft
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, playsoft said:

It was written specifically for ABBUC with the plan that it was made available to club members in issue 141, then made public on their website once issue 142 was published. I've just received issue 142, so when I find where it is on their website I will post a link. I think it would be nice if it was only downloadable from their website and not posted here or elsewhere, since they will get more footfall which might generate more interest in the club. 

I see where you are coming from, but it wouldn't help bring much actual foot traffic there in order to generate either/both interest and/or promotional consideration for ABBUC as very few people actually know it even exists right now. As a matter of fact I only found out about it after you posted up this 5200 version and you mentioned it, and I myself checked out ABBUC and found it both interesting and a source for a great lineup of new games for the 8-bit lineup in which I will soon be able to check out once I acquire both an XEGS and also The Brewing Academy XE/A8 multicart for my massive amount of XE/A8 ROMs I already downloaded earlier this week (and also 7800 ROMS as well on an SD card for both the Concerto multicart that @batari is finishing up and my newly-acquired 7800 unit) and have on an SD card I have ready for it. In my 25 years in the entertainment business I believe that if you promote the link to it elsewhere, like right here on AtariAge, then maybe most of us here will then be turned on to perhaps checking it out and/or becoming members of ABBUC ourselves.

It's units like the 5200 that make me want to hold off on getting an 8-bit computer (it would be a 65XE) because of games and 8-bit conversions like this!!! Besides I don't know if I can go through all 4000+ titles available for the 8-bit, I'm pretty much happy with the almost-300 great games only Big Sexy offers us instead despite most of them being 8-bit transfers.

BTW, I already bought an RF-to-HDMI interface I intend to use with my 5200 so I can use the HDMI input on my Sony STR-DH590 a/v receiver as opposed to running it through my VCR to the composite inputs of my Insignia TV.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 3:47 AM, playsoft said:

instructions.txt 1.73 kB · 27 downloads biscuits5200_32K.bin 32 kB · 58 downloads

Love it, man! This is a really fun game! 

• Like 2