IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 23 ~ Beat The Leaders 2

Vocelli

OK, I'm not an RNG Guy, my score so far isn't exactly "great"(and likely won't improve, but won't be from lack of effort, I'm actually...enjoying the stupid game...), and I don't think I have the "specific patience" to pursue this myself.

But I'm firmly convinced that you CAN pattern this game out.

The ghost AI seems really good, for as old as this game is, but I still think someone with the patience can "manipulate" the game and do the exact same thing every time to clear the first board flawlessly, and I'd assume the same could be done from there.

Here's the start of my theory, I guess-

I can run a small section of the first screen in a pattern, doing the same thing every time.

The Ghosts don't always "do what I want", but they still only seem to have three or four "general routes" they can take, when I push the pattern, and regardless, they seem to be doing the "same thing" with each of the three or four routes.

Figuring out which of these to "start" with, and evolving the pattern from there, I just feel sure that one could be confident in what directions the ghosts are going to go for the entire screen.

The stupid bicycle could be random tho, I ain't smart enough to suss that out, which *could* screw up my whole theory, but I don't think so.

Again, I'm not doing "so great" on this, but my conviction is from being good at Burgertime, where the entire game, for high scoring purposes, is manipulating the baddies and knowing exactly where you are forcing them to go, so I do know "pattern play" pretty good.

• Like 4

I kept telling myself, it wasn't a matter of if I could break 50k, it was a matter of when. I had confidence that I could, but I kept plateauing in the 40s. 50k is a score that has significance for me in Ms. Pac-Man b/c it was the score that my local pizza place would give you a free slice of pizza if you should reach it. But for Jr. Pac-Man, that number would have to be much lower. For a game that gives you more points quicker, it is damn hard to reach those high scores. I can't imagine the arcade version is any easier.

51,510 made it to train! woooo! choo choo! ? ?

jrpacman-vcs-51k.thumb.JPG.8acbb58e7a03882beb4255c96957ba01.JPG

edit- I did notice something weird during one of my million games-- I died with a few dots left on the first stage and then it took me straight to the second maze. Those last few dots were 50 pointers, having been run over by the tricycle. So it turns out that those are considered "eaten" in terms of maze completion...but only after you die, b/c I definitely think that I've finished a level by eating some big dots last before.

Edited by fakecortex
extra info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

C'mon guys and gals! Just two more days left to improve your scores, and I believe in you! ?

...Or at least I want to believe in you, because I seriously don't wanna have to play in the Gold Medal bracket at the end of the season. I'm pretty sure everyone else currently in the Gold bracket can whip my butt at just about any game without breaking a sweat :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2