IGNORED

Buyer upset I sent him an EXTRA GAME

CaptainCanadian

I was waiting for a confirmation from him that he would use the money for shipping but he never got back to me. I sent him 3 or 4 messages and everytime I sent one, I contacted Ebay staff to ensure they were aware. They ASSURED me that I was doing the right thing and that they wouldn't do what they did...

Disgusting. However, this person is not expecting me to follow up and I'm heading to his location after the winter.

Personal visit: and do what, exactly?  ;)

I'm not worried about law enforcement, I work with them. I'm not going to do anything 'illegal'.

I sent Buyer a personal email asking him to return the items, simple request. If decent human being, Buyer will return items. If Buyer is incredibly stupid he will not. Then it's fair game. Dude lives in a fairly affluent neighbourhood.

Someone at his house picked up the phone and confirmed he does live there. The woman on the other end said that he's a very good person and is surprised he would do something like that. She says she will ask him to call me back. [Sounds like a possible landlord]. I just explained that I would like him to return some items or cash and that if things are not resolved will be making a housecall in a few months time with the police to see if we can sort things out proper.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His feedback after getting the damn thing for FREE. This is not a smart man.

Unseen, unmentioned damage to case. Angry attitude. Sent me unwanted items.
Phantasy Star. ORIGINAL. Sega Master System. In Box. No Manual.  (#293753360255)
Buyer: direwuulf (273)
C $100.00
Edited by CaptainCanadian
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CaptainCanadian said:

Someone at his house picked up the phone and confirmed he does live there. The woman on the other end said that he's a very good person and is surprised he would do something like that. She says she will ask him to call me back. [Sounds like a possible landlord].

I have to ask. What is the definition of a landlord in Canada? I'd be surprised if he was renting such an expensive place and if so, more surprised if his landlord lives with him.

4 minutes ago, CaptainCanadian said:

I think the place is a sort of apartment building. Just an irregular one but the rents are not cheap in that area. The most expensive in Canada actually.

Gotcha. I was picturing a $3.4 million dollar house. Thanks for the explanation.

4 hours ago, CaptainCanadian said:

Just spoke with police, they are facilitating the return.

I think it will be a cold day in hell before he tries that again.

Mission accomplished.

Good job. Sorry you had to endure this mess. I bet you never get skimpy on the pictures and details of an ebay listing ever again too :P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CaptainCanadian said:

Phantasy Star. ORIGINAL. Sega Master System. In Box. No Manual.  (#293753360255)
C $100.00

I'm very, very sorry but I find this to be absolutely hilarious. What an insufferable moron.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CaptainCanadian said:

I was waiting for a confirmation from him that he would use the money for shipping but he never got back to me. I sent him 3 or 4 messages and everytime I sent one, I contacted Ebay staff to ensure they were aware. They ASSURED me that I was doing the right thing and that they wouldn't do what they did...

Disgusting. However, this person is not expecting me to follow up and I'm heading to his location after the winter.

Personal visit: and do what, exactly?  ;)

I'm not worried about law enforcement, I work with them. I'm not going to do anything 'illegal'.

I sent Buyer a personal email asking him to return the items, simple request. If decent human being, Buyer will return items. If Buyer is incredibly stupid he will not. Then it's fair game. Dude lives in a fairly affluent neighbourhood.

Someone at his house picked up the phone and confirmed he does live there. The woman on the other end said that he's a very good person and is surprised he would do something like that. She says she will ask him to call me back. [Sounds like a possible landlord]. I just explained that I would like him to return some items or cash and that if things are not resolved will be making a housecall in a few months time with the police to see if we can sort things out proper.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C $100.00

You should look at his feedback left for others, Some interesting things

Got a great deal due to there being boogers on the game. Boogers came off np! ?
Seller: gameswift ()
More than a year ago

Worst online shopping experience of my life. When I complained I was belittled.
Seller: apparelsave ()
More than a year ago

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, CaptainCanadian said:

Games came in today. Phantasy Star case now has a large crack along the outer left side... I'm guessing he wasn't too happy. Anyway... for sale again if anybody wants it. I'll even throw in the bonus game. 

Glad you received the games back.  Is the Phantasy Star insert ripped more?

..Al

well considering I was asking 100 before, I'd say 85 now... but I have to test it first to see if he changed out the hardware. I have a working genesis and powerbase here somewhere. I'll post pics shortly. You get world pal soccer with it, both are CIB [no manual for PS]. I'll even pack it in the same cardboard box he sent me with my bubble wrap which he sent back lol. It's an Atariage thread collector's item. ;)

Own a piece of the action! Play as Direwuulf, eBay autist. Bring a friend for couch co-op! Put a bunch of things in the box then take turns throwing them against the living room wall. Call your imaginary spouse and extort money from them, then call the police for a multiplayer extravaganza! Hide in your room and claim nothing happened,  limp wristed fun for the whole family!

Edited by CaptainCanadian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1