IGNORED

Hello

Tutor/Pyuuta stuff shows up pretty regularly, and lots of random 99/2, 99/8, Cortex, CC-40, and even occasional Marinchip S-9900 posts come out of the woodwork. It may not end up being as high traffic as the main forum, but it will definitely be a good place to gather data on all these systems.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, matthew180 said:

Thanks. ;)

I'm wondering if there was enough non 99/4A related posts to need another subforum?

Honestly, I've sorta got the opposite view. It is difficult to find content about the other machines BECAUSE there's so few posts relative to the 4a.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, matthew180 said:

Thanks. ;)

I'm wondering if there was enough non 99/4A related posts to need another subforum?

That’s a good question, and honestly we do not know.

But then again, Albert asked me the same question when I requested the TI-99/4a Forum more than 10 years ago.

Imagine what we would have missed if we did not request the TI-99/4a subforum back then.

So I rather take the risk doing a subforum and if it doesn’t work out in say 1 or 2 years, then we can still close it.

For me it’s already worth it just because of the Tomy Tutor.

• Like 2

To better cover the scope, the description "Subforum for standalone non-4A systems with a 16 bit CPU belonging to the TMS99xxx processor family" should be changed.

Maybe like this:

"Subforum for non-4A systems based on the TMS99xx or TMS7xxx processor family, related to the TI-99/4A"

"Subforum for TI-99/4A-related systems based on the TMS99xx or TMS7xxx processor family"

The CC40 is clearly not a 99xx system but an 8-bit system. A good question is where to draw the line. The CC40 should be in, but also the more calculator-like TI-74 or TI-95? But then I would suggest to include the Geneve as well, as it matches that description.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, mizapf said:

To better cover the scope, the description "Subforum for standalone non-4A systems with a 16 bit CPU belonging to the TMS99xxx processor family" should be changed.

Maybe like this:

"Subforum for non-4A systems based on the TMS99xx or TMS7xxx processor family, related to the TI-99/4A"

"Subforum for TI-99/4A-related systems based on the TMS99xx or TMS7xxx processor family"

The CC40 is clearly not a 99xx system but an 8-bit system. A good question is where to draw the line. The CC40 should be in, but also the more calculator-like TI-74 or TI-95? But then I would suggest to include the Geneve as well, as it matches that description.

Probably, but let’s see how things evolve. I don’t want to push my luck with Albert. I’m already a happy camper now having the subforum ?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, whoami999ster said:

Hi All,

What's the minimal "equipment" requested here ? 

Emulator ?

Tools ?

Thanks and Ciao

FP

Hi FP, not sure what you exactly mean. But there is no need to have the actual hardware in order to talk about a certain system.

Both the TI-99/8 and the TI-99/2 systems are nicely emulated in MAME, even though these computers were never released to the market and got canceled when the engineering lab still worked on finishing them. Any hardware or software or tools talk is welcome about machines falling in this subforum category.

• Like 3