IGNORED

Tomy Tutor Ultimate Cartridge

Klaus of Team Europe has been working on a new cartridge for the Tomy Tutor:

You can read all about it here:

https://team-europe.blogspot.com/2020/09/tomy-tutorpyuuta-ultimate-multicart.html

There’s still some space left on the cartridge.

Everyone who contributes a new game to the cartridge (new homebrew) gets an Ultimate Cartridge for free (you only pay shipping costs).

Thank you Klaus!

20 minutes ago, wolhess said:

Hi,

are topics related to the TI-74 also a part of this forum?
I think the TI-74 is similar to the CC40.

I think so, but who am I to say.
When I did the poll and requested this subforum I had standalone systems in mind with a Texas Instruments CPU belonging to the 16 bit 9900 family (and did explicitly rule out the Z80). But the TMS7000 family is a Texas Instruments CPU, so... ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, retroclouds said:

Klaus of Team Europe has been working on a new cartridge for the Tomy Tutor:

You can read all about it here:

https://team-europe.blogspot.com/2020/09/tomy-tutorpyuuta-ultimate-multicart.html

There’s still some space left on the cartridge.

Everyone who contributes a new game to the cartridge (new homebrew) gets an Ultimate Cartridge for free (you only pay shipping costs).

Thank you Klaus!

That's wonderful!

I like the construction, to protect both sides of the PCB. Only last month I learned it was called a "Standoff Sandwich" or "Clock Cage". 

2 hours ago, retroclouds said:

When I did the poll and requested this subforum I had standalone systems in mind with a Texas Instruments CPU belonging to the 16 bit 9900 family (and did explicitly rule out the Z80). But the TMS7000 family is a Texas Instruments CPU, so... ?

And the CC40 is also based on the TMS7000.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

Is this one going to have Door Door on it? It is the only cartridge game I know of that isn't on the list . . .

The only place I was able to get Door Door was being sold a cartridge with the ROM on it from Tanam1972.  Mine is en route.

I wrote to the Developer of the Cartridge, also named Klaus, also from Austria, yet somebody else. ?

I havent heard about Door Door yet, but the Pyuta MkII BASIC1 cartridge would be nice to get on that ultimate cart. That one is a normal cartridge without extra logic. According to the floodgap website it is 16KB and matching the ROM1 of the US Tutor. The Basic1 cartridge provides the american BASIC on the MKII.

I am still looking for a real cartridge. ?

Is anyone having that to provide a dump? The header might be different (compares to the ROM1) to identify correctly in the MKII.

• Like 2

I found here a Picture from the BASIC1 Cartridge

https://www.mercari.com/jp/items/m69339598721/?_s=U2FsdGVkX18T_vq6d72Jga359_7UnLuNDYWrlI9gCHu16-PdooB6hMLlViy5eJflXv-rAlv9tu9IOFpGab6pxiamEaCcQ3JYv-FNjc31kZDjNxYbX2txFzsYUm8FhJpn

very interesting, has a printer interface, I think it's for the Pyuta not for a MKII

Edited by Flottmann1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Flottmann1 said:

I found here a Picture from the BASIC1 Cartridge

https://www.mercari.com/jp/items/m69339598721/?_s=U2FsdGVkX18T_vq6d72Jga359_7UnLuNDYWrlI9gCHu16-PdooB6hMLlViy5eJflXv-rAlv9tu9IOFpGab6pxiamEaCcQ3JYv-FNjc31kZDjNxYbX2txFzsYUm8FhJpn

very interesting, has a printer interface, I think it's for the Pyuta not for a MKII

There are two different BASIC-1 cartridges. The one for the Pyuuta plugs into the back (like the Game Adaptor) and includes a Centronics Parallel Interface. The one for the Pyuuta MK-II looks like a standard cartridge and plugs into the cartridge port. The MK-II has a standalone printer interface box that also plugs into the expansion port--that was sold separately from the BASIC-1 cartridge. I have all three of these cartridges/interface types in my Pyuuta collection. I am missing a number of the Pyuuta cassette tapes though. . .and then my collection will be complete.

• Like 3