IGNORED

Who owns this Relief pitcher for the atari system 1 proto? Please release the rom!

Jack the gamer 3

This is survival advice for being a part of the arcade game collecting community, should you decide to be a part of it.

Don't ask machine owners for ROMs, and especially not for prototypes.

You're new and probably not aware of this bit of etiquette.  I get it.  But it's something that is heavily looked down on, and can gain you a poor reputation within the community if you choose to do it.

If you don't like hearing it from me, wait until you get your account on KLOV paid up and active.  You will get ripped eight ways from Sunday for it if you do it there.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

This is survival advice for being a part of the arcade game collecting community, should you decide to be a part of it.

Don't ask machine owners for ROMs, and especially not for prototypes.

You're new and probably not aware of this bit of etiquette.  I get it.  But it's something that is heavily looked down on, and can gain you a poor reputation within the community if you choose to do it.

If you don't like hearing it from me, wait until you get your account on KLOV paid up and active.  You will get ripped eight ways from Sunday for it if you do it there.

You do know that just shows how toxic the community is right? It's literally a rom.. I don't get what this community is on about...

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

You do know that just shows how toxic the community is right? It's literally a rom.. I don't get what this community is on about...

You do know that this shows just how entitled and unwilling to fit in this makes you look, right?

Multiple people are trying to help you here (myself included), and you're refusing their help in favour of 'GIMME ROMZ NAO!!!' behaviour.

Again: you have to fit into the community, not the other way around.  If you can't figure that out, it's not up to me or anyone else to save you from your own poor decisions.

• Like 2

Generally speaking the people who own unreleased games don't appreciate being hammered with requests to release roms. Some people do so either on their own or with a bit of coaxing from preservationists, some folks will if they get paid enough money to offset the perceived loss of value, and others just don't want to. It's how things have been for decades, and with that long history in mind I can tell you that begging can be counterproductive.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ubersaurus said:

Generally speaking the people who own unreleased games don't appreciate being hammered with requests to release roms. Some people do so either on their own or with a bit of coaxing from preservationists, some folks will if they get paid enough money to offset the perceived loss of value, and others just don't want to. It's how things have been for decades, and with that long history in mind I can tell you that begging can be counterproductive.

Speaking as someone who has owned prototype arcade PCBs in the past, this is absolute truth.

This is also not a really huge community, and word of mouth gets around fast about people who are a pain in the ass.

@Jack the gamer 3: if you have even half of the intelligence that I think you do, you'll stop feeling butthurt over all of this and start learning from it.

58 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

and you're refusing their help in favour of 'GIMME ROMZ NAO!!!' behaviour.

Again: you have to fit into the community, not the other way around.  If you can't figure that out, it's not up to me or anyone else to save you from your own poor decisions.

I'm sure no one helped me on anything. In fact I didn't even need help on anything.. you're literally just trying to start something. I make ONE topic and you decide to be an ass. Yes I read you're advice on "not asking the owner for a rom dump" but how can I even ask him if I don't even have contact we with him?? See! It doesn't make scenes!! It doesn't mean I'm untitled or anything. You just like to scramble words into my mouth!! 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, x=usr(1536) said:

@Jack the gamer 3: if you have even half of the intelligence that I think you do, you'll stop feeling butthurt over all of this and start learning from it.

Why would I be butthurt over some topic i made? Damn you never know when to shut up. Just relax dude!! If I ever get contact with him I'll just ask him how the game and stuff plays. I won't ask for a rom.  (Funny because I was going to say that I wouldn't ask After you gave me the advice which I appreciated! but nope. You wrote a hole paragraph)

Edited by Jack the gamer 3

19 minutes ago, Asaki said:

Take it easy on him, he's just a kid.

Yep.  He is.  I get that.  He's also engaging in a lot of behaviours that aren't going to do him any favours in the future, and has been for about as long as he's been turning up.

See his "Exactly!!" response to your comment above.  He's looking for an excuse based on his age for what he's doing as opposed to taking responsibility for his actions and doing what needs to be done to remedy that.  Sure, there's a maturity equation at play here - but it needs to be learned at some point, and sooner rather than later is for the best.  Whether or not he takes the advice on board is outside of my or anyone else's control.

11 minutes ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

I'm sure no one helped me on anything. In fact I didn't even need help on anything.. you're literally just trying to start something. I make ONE topic and you decide to be an ass. Yes I read you're advice on "not asking the owner for a rom dump" but how can I even ask him if I don't even have contact we with him?? See! It doesn't make scenes!! It doesn't mean I'm untitled or anything. You just like to scramble words into my mouth!! 

I'm trying to start something?  Hah.  I'm trying to show you why the mistakes you're making are ones you really want to avoid.  This thread topic is an excellent example of that.

Kiddo, whether you like how it's presented to you or not really doesn't matter.  But I and others are trying to help you fit in around here and elsewhere.  You're either ignoring or outright refusing that help.  If that's the route you want to take, fine.  Learn the hard way.  You are owed nothing, and we're under no obligation to help you.

None of us are responsible for saving you from yourself.  Keep going the way that you're going, and see where that gets you.

BTW: there are members on this forum who are also in your age range.  They've managed to not attract this sort of attention because they took the time to figure out how to fit in.  Might want to chew on that for a bit.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Yep.  He is.  I get that.  He's also engaging in a lot of behaviours that aren't going to do him any favours in the future, and has been for about as long as he's been turning up.

See his "Exactly!!" response to your comment above.  He's looking for an excuse based on his age for what he's doing as opposed to taking responsibility for his actions and doing what needs to be done to remedy that.  Sure, there's a maturity equation at play here - but it needs to be learned at some point, and sooner rather than later is for the best.  Whether or not he takes the advice on board is outside of my or anyone else's control.

I'm trying to start something?  Hah.  I'm trying to show you why the mistakes you're making are ones you really want to avoid.  This thread topic is an excellent example of that.

Kiddo, whether you like how it's presented to you or not really doesn't matter.  But I and others are trying to help you fit in around here and elsewhere.  You're either ignoring or outright refusing that help.  If that's the route you want to take, fine.  Learn the hard way.  You are owed nothing, and we're under no obligation to help you.

None of us are responsible for saving you from yourself.  Keep going the way that you're going, and see where that gets you.

BTW: there are members on this forum who are also in your age range.  They've managed to not attract this sort of attention because they took the time to figure out how to fit in.  Might want to chew on that for a bit.

So lemme get things straight. First you think that I'm making an excuse for saying exactly. 2nd you think I'm trying to avoid my mistakes yet there not really a big deal if you are counting this topic. NOW you want to say that there are many people on here MY Age who don't attract attention. You calling me an attention seeker? Wow!! Sure used that wrong!!

7 minutes ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

So lemme get things straight. First you think that I'm making an excuse for saying exactly. 2nd you think I'm trying to avoid my mistakes yet there not really a big deal if you are counting this topic. NOW you want to say that there are many people on here MY Age who don't attract attention. You calling me an attention seeker? Wow!! Sure used that wrong!!

I can't even make sense of what you're saying here.  Try again.

13 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Dude stop with that! I'm not even trying to dig too much into this community! I literally just want to hang with some people here and maybe start SMALL topics now and then. You're really wasting your time trying to prepare me over nothing! If I actually do get into this website seriously I'll be more than happy to ask you for advice!!

Just now, Jack the gamer 3 said:

Dude stop with that! I'm not even trying to dig too much into this community! I literally just want to hang with some people here and maybe start SMALL topics now and then. You're really wasting your time trying to prepare me over nothing! If I actually do get into this website seriously I'll be more than happy to ask you for advice!!

Hint: trying to hang with people means being a part of the community.

1 minute ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

Not rlly. Just saying hi and check on how you're days are now and then. Not trying to actually screw around with having Big serious discussions. 

OK, let's discuss this.

If I walked into your parents' house, said, "hey, how's it going?  Good to see you guys!" and then pissed all over the carpet, would that be acceptable?

That's not a Big Serious Discussion.  But pissing on the carpet's not acceptable regardless of the discussion that led up to it.

Now, let's say that your Dad told me to quit pissing on the carpet.  And I did, until he left the room.  Then I pissed on the carpet again.

Your Mom comes in, sees me pissing on the carpet, and tells me to knock it off.  I tell her that pissing on the carpet is just fine, because I'm only just here for a few minutes.

Mom grabs me by the scruff of the neck and throws my sorry ass out the door.

Get over yourself and stop pissing on the carpet.

5 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

OK, let's discuss this.

If I walked into your parents' house, said, "hey, how's it going?  Good to see you guys!" and then pissed all over the carpet, would that be acceptable?

That's not a Big Serious Discussion.  But pissing on the carpet's not acceptable regardless of the discussion that led up to it.

Now, let's say that your Dad told me to quit pissing on the carpet.  And I did, until he left the room.  Then I pissed on the carpet again.

Your Mom comes in, sees me pissing on the carpet, and tells me to knock it off.  I tell her that pissing on the carpet is just fine, because I'm only just here for a few minutes.

Mom grabs me by the scruff of the neck and throws my sorry ass out the door.

Get over yourself and stop pissing on the carpet.

What am I even pissing on? Shit you're so annoying!! This was LITTERALY supposed to be a peaceful topic!! but no. I was not even harrassing anyone in this topic!! You're just an asshole for no fucking reason!! 

2 minutes ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

What am I even pissing on? Shit you're so annoying!! This was LITTERALY supposed to be a peaceful topic but no. You're just an asshole for no fucking reason!!

Maturity at work right there, folks.

Jack, I truly do wish you the best in this hobby.  I really do.  But if this is how you're going to conduct yourself, it's probably not going to go very well for you.

BTW: folks in Jack's age range: yeah, I get that he doesn't represent you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Maturity at work right there, folks.

Jack, I truly do wish you the best in this hobby.  I really do.  But if this is how you're going to conduct yourself, it's probably not going to go very well for you.

BTW: folks in Jack's age range: yeah, I get that he doesn't represent you.

Imagine trying to make someone a bad guy over a small little topic. Then bring maturity into the small topic like an absolute dumbass.

5 minutes ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

Imagine trying to make someone a bad guy over a small little topic. Then bring maturity into the small topic like an absolute dumbass.

If you really think I was trying to make you out to be a bad guy over this, you need to improve your reading comprehension.

But, hey, go finish up that account creation at KLOV.  Ask the same question there that you did here.  Everything will be just fine.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Haha 1