IGNORED

Biopede! - New game release from Reboot!

CyranoJ

On 10/31/2020 at 2:35 AM, Rick Dangerous said:

I REALLY want to play this (Huge Centipede fan) but don't have the SD Cart yet and can't get my skunk working.

Hopefully it comes out on a compilation cart someday.  

Nice work CJ! 

EDIT:  How hard would it be to make this 2 player?  Love me some two player Centipede. Co-op or head to head :) 

Thanks! I do hope this ends up on a compilation cart sometime down the line, I just don't think its justifiable to put these small titles out for sale stand-alone.  I like to think you guys deserve more for your cash.

Hmm, two player... would need to go back in and re-work it a bit, not something I plan on doing right now as I really need to press onwards with Gravitic Mines!  This was a long standing side project from 2013. Recently, I thought it might be a 'quick to the finish line' thing for some fun, but it turns out most of it had to be scrapped and re-written. Always the way - LOL.  Maybe if and when it gets a compilation cart release it can get the 'reBOOTed' treatment! (See what I did there? Free advertising!) 

19 hours ago, str0m said:

Works well on Jag SD thanks! Maybe an option to skip the 50 point counting at end of the level by hitting a button? Lovely and smooth gameplay.

Again, thanks! Once you start getting up in the levels that break is useful :)

12 hours ago, ls650 said:

Frankly I think this freebie release is a lot better than many of the commercial games and most homebrews.

Again, again, thanks!  As I said above, glad everyone is having fun, we all could do with some right now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Fixed a couple of things (One major) - please download again!

It looks very nice and works well. I would comment to add the centipede segments that keep coming if you don't get the whole centipede before any segments make it all the way from top to bottom. It makes the game a lot easier not to have that included.

14 minutes ago, Swami said:

It looks very nice and works well. I would comment to add the centipede segments that keep coming if you don't get the whole centipede before any segments make it all the way from top to bottom. It makes the game a lot easier not to have that included.

Thanks! 

I tend to side towards "what makes it more fun" as opposed to "lets duplicate that old arcade game 1:1" :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Thanks! 

I tend to side towards "what makes it more fun" as opposed to "lets duplicate that old arcade game 1:1" :)

The graphics are definitely a fun variation. It's one of the things I think is special about the ColecoVision Centipede.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:42 AM, CyranoJ said:

That’s what makes reimagined games memorable! 

I am really looking forward to trying this on a GD someday when they’re available, but this looks like something I would like to have on a permanent cart too.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 1:53 AM, Swami said:

The graphics are definitely a fun variation. It's one of the things I think is special about the ColecoVision Centipede.

I have no way to play this as I sold my Jaguar collection years ago. But I still have my Colecovision and I agree with above statement 100% after watching the video in the first post.

I really like the music in this game too, great fit with this game. Maybe it's time for me to get a Jag again. Hmmm.... Would anyone consider a Falcon-Jag trade? LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Biopede on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Easy fix - 100$ please ;-) Only you will get this version...........................................................well maybe 6 people total, depends how many people I can pull this scam on!

Fixed!  🤪

• Haha 1