IGNORED

Official Intellivision Virtual Expo 2020 T-Shirt - Now Available

mthompson

The same creative minds who are bringing you the Intellivision Virtual Expo 2020 have created an official t-shirt for the event:

Intellivision-Virtual-Expo-2020-shirt.thumb.jpg.5f9acee5b30c8cbaf8ca7a2992edd1e8.jpg 

On the front you'll find a mash-up of classic Intellivision space games, and the back features the various countries around the world where Intellivision enthusiasts live.

The shirts are digitally printed to order and ship direct from Spreadshirt.com. Right now there's a 15 percent off promo that ends October 11, so be sure to redeem that offer if you order this weekend. The next promo before the expo is October 21-22. Just to be clear, no one here gets any money from orders; they're sold at cost.

Visit https://shop.spreadshirt.com/thompson to order an actual shirt for the virtual expo. Note that domestic shipping should take about 2-3 weeks. International shipping is more like 3-5, so keep that in mind if you want a shirt by November 21.

No doubt someone out there will ask "What's an expo without a tote bag?" Anticipating that "need" I've also put an official tote in the shop to help attendees carry their virtual stuff around. 

Intellivision-Virtual-Expo-2020-tote.jpg.254a3255f0a716b5a6a331134f318a6c.jpg

Somebody suggested a baseball cap, so there's one of those available, too.

Expo-baseball-cap.jpg.6d083b0f4f47a876906db157a5068945.jpg

That's it for now. We hope to see you on November 21.

Edited by mthompson
  • Like 6

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to apologize to the community as I was notified that our legal, sales and licensing folks have been sending out letters to a lot of websites banning the sale of Intellivision related clothing/merchandise with our branding.  @mthompson was kind enough to e-mail me today letting me know that this stuff was removed (and kindly asked if there was anything I could do).  I really appreciate his outreach.  We are working on big merchandise and licensing deals with manufacturers and retailers.  Unfortunately we're not in a position to be able to grant merchandise rights for t-shirts/hats, etc. to be sold at this time.

:(

I apologize for the inconvenience and we really do love the idea of the community helping to promote the original Intellivision brand.  We're just not legally able to have people use our imaging on selling merchandise at this time.  It really could screw up some really big deals that we are working on.  I feel bad as we really do try to support the community as much as possible... but my hands are tied with this particular situation.

Hopefully there are no hard feelings and I hope you guys have a super successful event!!  If there is anything we can donate to help raise money for the event or something (if needed)... please let us know.

And to be clear... it's only clothing/merchandise where this applies (because of the deals we're working on).  We're happy to continue supporting events, homebrews, etc.  It's just clothing/merchandise being sold right now. 

I hope everyone can understand and please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Thanks.  And again... I'm really sorry.
  • Like 5

Well, it is always unfortunate for both parties when something like this has to be done.

But Tommy is being very good about explaining it, which beats the standard 'Stop at once or our lawyers will sue you so hard your grandchildren will be born debtors'.

I am reminded back in 2001, when David Gray sent a C&D to the creator of a remake of his 1990 Hugo's House of Horrors.

He also took the time to tell the remake author he did an amazing job with the remake, to apologize and explain why the remake could no longer be hosted or shared.

Both parties were satisfied, and no-one walked away with hurt feelings over it.

It is almost 20 years later, and I still remember this and still think 'Now, this is how you do it with class'.

http://atticwindow.tripod.com/gac/mail.htm - The David Gray letter, in full as hosted by the remake author.

Edited by Tavi
Changing an incorrect date.
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Thanks @Tavi.  I appreciate the understanding.

Tommy, is there any chance that you might sell a t-shirt with just the running man logo on it only?  I mentioned that a while back in the main Q&A thread and it sounded like you were open to creating those, but I've checked the shop and they aren't there.  The only clothing with just the running man is a hoodie, but a t-shirt would be great.  Thank you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Tommy, is there any chance that you might sell a t-shirt with just the running man logo on it only?  I mentioned that a while back in the main Q&A thread and it sounded like you were open to creating those, but I've checked the shop and they aren't there.  The only clothing with just the running man is a hoodie, but a t-shirt would be great.  Thank you!

Google: Intellivision Shirt. 

Team Intellivision has there work cut out for them if they plan to wipe the internet clean of Intv shirts for sale. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rev said:

Team Intellivision has there work cut out for them if they plan to wipe the internet clean of Intv shirts for sale. 

Listen, I have googled them and I am very wary of ordering shirts from places I don’t trust. I would rather buy them from the IE and support the company too. I asked Tommy a question of something that he had mentioned they would do before, so I will wait for his response. Thanks. 

• Like 1

For fun, I wanted to see what Intellivision shirts was over on eBay, In my normal Intellivision searches I don’t really recall or didn’t notice Intellivision shirts. To my surprise there is 317 results. 

Time for the legal team to take action, I would guess very few are licensed. 

FEF4E91A-089E-4948-9184-FCF629ED08FD.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I sent over the suggestion.  The team is working on some big things right now and I'm sure will get to it eventually.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Not the entire internet... just the store fronts who are selling brand new "made to order" shirts.

• Like 1