IGNORED

Uncle Hairy's Nosehair

atari2600land

3 hours ago, atari2600land said:

I'm assuming there's no bugs and it's done...

I do all my tests in real hardware (I don't like to test in Stella using the keyboard instead of a joystick), but my PlusCart has been very unstable in the latest weeks, and I am too lazy to download the binary and put it in the Harmony cart, so I was retrying the PlusCart from time to time (to also test my own game), but it seems that it finally died.

Anyway, I just tried version 58 (using the Harmony cart) and I could get more than 1200 points with left difficulty set in B. As I thought that it won't go any faster, I changed the left difficulty to A while I was playing, and I couldn't get much more points from there... I could get one or two boxes, but the the demon gets one... in the average, I kept arround 1200 points for many minutes until I was tired and let the game end at 1204 points.

Then, it seems that A and B difficulties are very very very different.

1 hour ago, vitoco said:

Well, it seems that @ZeroPage Homebrew thinks it's done:

?

I'm definitely not weighing in on whether it's done or not, I only mark it done when a developer posts the magic words of 'completed', 'done' etc... ?  That's why I put an [ref] in the entry pointing to the post where they declare it done.  Granted, lots of developers continue to work on their games after being 'done', hahah,  v1.01, v1.1, v1.2, especially if people find bugs after the fact.

- James

It seems my right difficulty switch doesn't work at all on my real Atari 2600. If I flip it to A, the screen goes berzerk and acts like the power is off because it gives me tons of static. So could someone please test this with the right difficulty switch on A on a real Atari 2600?

(Version 60 is on my website. The only difference between it and 59 is the starting Y point of the scissors.)

I want to get the brightest values of the 16 colors (15, 31, 47, etc.) for the color cycle shade for the score. I don't know how to do this. All I have is this:

jsr Random
        and #15

sta ColorsChange

But all this does is get a number between 0-15. I've tried asl's and lsr's, but that doesn't really help much. What do I do?

Thanks! That did it:

jsr Random
        ora #15
        sta ColorsChange

As you can probably deduce, I changed the random color generation a little. I also changed the 3 digit so it looks less like an 8. And I filled in the gap at the top of the nose.

nosehair61.bin

On 3/26/2021 at 2:49 AM, atari2600land said:

It seems my right difficulty switch doesn't work at all on my real Atari 2600. If I flip it to A, the screen goes berzerk and acts like the power is off because it gives me tons of static. So could someone please test this with the right difficulty switch on A on a real Atari 2600?

I just tried latest version on a real 7800, and right difficulty switch did what you said, but it happens that even when you change the right switch, it is not recognized unless you also change the left one.