IGNORED

Lynx Battery Pack & Rechargeable Batteries

mmbe

Has anyone used rechargeable D size batteries in the battery pack? If so, which brand? Approximate battery life in hours? I know people have had issues with using rechargeable AA batteries in the Lynx itself - batteries not fitting properly. Wondering if this was the case in the battery pack.

Thanks.

On 10/11/2020 at 5:43 PM, mmbe said:

Has anyone used rechargeable D size batteries in the battery pack? If so, which brand? Approximate battery life in hours? I know people have had issues with using rechargeable AA batteries in the Lynx itself - batteries not fitting properly. Wondering if this was the case in the battery pack.

Thanks.

If you're still curious about rechargeable AA batteries, the only batteries I ever use in my Atari Lynx are the Energizer recharge universal NimH AA batteries. I've never had any issues with them.

10 hours ago, Tartfox said:

If you're still curious about rechargeable AA batteries, the only batteries I ever use in my Atari Lynx are the Energizer recharge universal NimH AA batteries. I've never had any issues with them.

That's the type I use in my homemade AA power supply.  However, their diameter is slightly larger than standard batts, making them fit REAL tight in the unit itself.  

On 10/20/2020 at 11:39 AM, gilsaluki said:

Wow those Panasonic (didn't realize they were still in biz) are expensive.  At least the Eneloops Pros.

worth every penny.

my original basic eneloops (2000's) are still in service and i've had them for over 10 years now, they STILL hold more charge than a new regular battery.

there are other options but at the end of the day a modern rechargeable AA cell can't be beaten for value!

https://youtu.be/0A1GvQ40j0Q

Edited by power