IGNORED

Sega Saturn disc tray open error GREAT fix

seastalker

I have a Sega Saturn model 2 and have had a heck of a time trying to deal with the open/closed tray sensitivity. I've opened the Saturn's case, fine tuned the tray open/shut switch that triggers the on screen message, and even de-soldered and re-soldered the switch back in place. I have fine tuned and pitch perfect bent the metal as if I am trying to pick up a 1970s 'naughty' channel with precision direction of components. I cleaned and sanded the little copper strips in the switch and still had hit and miss functionality.

Then I looked at the design of this tiny switch and thought it was crap.  I love Sega, but this switch is the pits. I took the transparent plastic tip off of it so the nano-milometer of YES/NO connectivity had a much wider range and presto! It finally works as it should! Ironically, I have a MODE on the way and won't need the functionality anymore but still, I thought this fix may help others with this really annoying problem on the Sega Saturn. 

5 - Copy.JPG

1 - Copy.JPG

2 - Copy.JPG

3 - Copy.JPG

4 - Copy.JPG

Edited by seastalker